Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 / 6L80E Swap.. Rough idle..few codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default LS3 / 6L80E Swap.. Rough idle..few codes

First start, started up great and ran great for about 10 seconds then started running a little rough, then smelt of fuel bad and began running really bad. It then threw a bunch of codes related to the coil packs, along with the codes below. After resetting the pcm a few types the coil pack codes went away and it began running better, but still a tiny bit rough (which might just be it needs a tune - heads/cam LS3). Below are the codes that are still stuck on it:

P0122 - Throttle/pedal position sensor A circuit Low
P0223 - Throttle/pedal position sensor/Switch B circuit High
P0315 - Crankshaft position system variation not learned
P057C - Brake Pedal Position sensor circuit low
P1915 - Internal Mode switch does not indicate park/neutral

I did a crank relearn with HPTuners which scared the hell out of me.. car would start for the longest time after I did it, but eventually did start up.. still running tiny bit rough

Anyone seen anything like this? PSI Conversions wiring harness/pcm/tcm. Sent them the TCM and bought a tuned PCM from them, so they are paired together. I did the wiring perfectly, not sure what is going on.. Had them set the harness up for the Corvette pedal, which is what I have. No idea why I would be throwing pedal codes. It is functioning properly when I scan w/ HPTuners (though, it shows 0% when not pressed. Isn't it supposed to be a value above 0% to keep the engine idling?)

Also, the brake pedal position sensor circuit low - I logged the car w/ HPtuners. W/ Key on engine off, it is getting a good brake signal. Once I start the engine though, it doesn't and it freeze on whatever state the brake pedal was at before start up

For the transmission code.. I check the shifter deal on the valve body, and it is seated correctly on the shift lever... no idea why is isn't registering. Is this because I don't have the park/neutral wire hooked up from the wiring harness??? I thought those were optional. Also, when I scan w/ HPTuners, it always says "current gear 1" no matter where I shift to. This is w/ the car not running though (haven't tried w/ the car running)

Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 08-03-2022 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All the codes went away after a 30 mile drive, except for P057C, which is weird because that one is tuned out of the PCM and shouldn't even be registering

Quick Reply: LS3 / 6L80E Swap.. Rough idle..few codes