Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dakota Digital Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2022 | 10:49 PM

Default Dakota Digital Help

I'm wondering if anyone can help shed some light while I wait for a a reply from Dakota Digital.

I have a LS swapped S10 with the Dakota Digital VHX cluster, BIM-01-2 ODBII module and GPS-50-2 module. When attempting to calibrate the speedometer using the 'Adjust' method, the instructions state

"Press and hold SW1 to increase the speedometer reading, the next press and hold of SW1 will decrease the speedometer readings and hold of SW1 will decrease the speedometer reading"

My issue is that I can not get the adjustment to decrease as the instructions indicate and the adjustment does not roll over to 0 when you reach the end. I also can't seem to clear this adjust setting.

I've gone back to using the BIM source and a rough adjust to get the speedometer close enough but I'd ideally like to use the GPS-50-2 since I don't think I can return it to Summit at this point and it would be beneficial to keep the mileage accurate.

Help?
Old 09-11-2022 | 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

The DD instructions are a bit vague and I encountered similar problems as you. Do you have "Speed Enabled" on the BIM output on page 13 of the instructions?

I'm not running a BIM module so I'm in a slightly different situation than you but I had to kill power to it all a few times to get it all to work properly. I added notes to my instruction pages to better explain things to myself if I ever need to do this again.

Rick
Old 09-11-2022 | 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by B52bombardier1
The DD instructions are a bit vague and I encountered similar problems as you. Do you have "Speed Enabled" on the BIM output on page 13 of the instructions?

I'm not running a BIM module so I'm in a slightly different situation than you but I had to kill power to it all a few times to get it all to work properly. I added notes to my instruction pages to better explain things to myself if I ever need to do this again.

Rick
I've tried it both ways, but I believe it might be currently off. I turned it off thinking that since I'm not/can't use the BIM output I didn't need it.

The instructions list putting both the GPS and VHX into setup mode, toggling the PPM values on the GPS until the speed displays 60mp/96kph then making the fine adjustments using the VHX steps, which is the holding SW1 for up and down. (Down not working).
Old 09-13-2022 | 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Summit Racing will take most anything back up to two years after the fact.
Old 09-14-2022 | 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

I am having a similar issue...I am just getting the J-F-C readout on my BIM module. it is the initial startup ('86 C10, LS ,VHX series) I know my OBD2 port works (connects to my code reader). Agree instructions are vague.. I had to read a couple of times to figure out what the "SW1-SW2" was. this is my first experience with dakota digital, info I have seen makes everything look like a breeze!... you know kinda like the "Car shows do" !!!

Quick Reply: Dakota Digital Help