Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Cam position sensor

I have an LS4 that I’ve converted to RWD. Using the front cover but a Gen4 truck water pump. Everything is installed, except one thing. An LS4 cam position sensor stands straight up, which interferes with the back of the pump. I need a sensor oriented in a 90 degree style. While this would seem like it isn’t that big a deal, the sensors are all over the place with regard to size, mount depth, and mount style. I know that I’m asking for a needle in a haystack answer, but is there a guide that shows these things so I can see if I can make something work?
Old 10-04-2022, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Go with a Gen IV truck front cover if possible,and that sensor should fit.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by MLM7447
I have an LS4 that I’ve converted to RWD. Using the front cover but a Gen4 truck water pump. Everything is installed, except one thing. An LS4 cam position sensor stands straight up, which interferes with the back of the pump. I need a sensor oriented in a 90 degree style. While this would seem like it isn’t that big a deal, the sensors are all over the place with regard to size, mount depth, and mount style. I know that I’m asking for a needle in a haystack answer, but is there a guide that shows these things so I can see if I can make something work?
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=7192&jsn=505

Quick Reply: Cam position sensor