Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor wiring help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensor wiring help needed

I am swapping an LQ4 into an old IHC truck. Bought the correct 02 sensors for the donor vehicle but they do not plug into my universal swap harness. The vendor of the harness is clueless. I have the sensor wiring itself figured out but I need to figure out how to wire it into the truck.

Sensor pigtail is trapezoid and the truck pigtail is square. After a lengthy phonecall I did buy an adapter from Racetronix but their aftersale customer service is garbage and they refuse to help. Their pigtail wound up giving me two female ends that won't plug into each other.

02 sensor wiring help needed-6ewo7.jpg

The sensors are:

BLACK
BLACK
BLUE
WHITE

The wiring on the universal swap harness:
RHS:
TAN
PURPLE
GREEN
PINK

LHS:
TAN
PURPLE
BLACK
PINK
Old 02-10-2023, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 399 Likes on 291 Posts

The engine harness should have a connector with male terminals, and the O2 sensor should have a connector with female terminals.

Connector part numbers for the engine harness side are shown in Post #6 of this thread, https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-...lectrical.html

All you need to do is take the wires out of the trapezoid connector and swap them over to a square connector. Both connectors are the same family of products (Metri-pack 150) so the existing terminal pins are interchangeable.

I suppose you could switch the female connector on the O2 side but that would just make it harder to service because nothing will straight up fit in the future.

Last edited by QwkTrip; 02-10-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the connectors in my hands if you want to buy them from me. I have new and I think I have used too. I bought them to make that tech thread but I don't have a use for them anymore. Shoot me a PM if you want them.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:16 PM

The harness pigtails are 4 pin female.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
I have the connectors in my hands if you want to buy them from me. I have new and I think I have used too. I bought them to make that tech thread but I don't have a use for them anymore. Shoot me a PM if you want them.
I'd be interested in taking you up on that. For some reason it's not letting me message you.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:21 PM

I think what I’m going to do is hacked this adapter that I bought from Racetronix and use it to hardwire in to the harness.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let's make sure we're talking the same language, I don't want you to get the wrong thing again.

What I think you need is what is in the picture in the thread I linked earlier. Take a look at that and let me know if that looks right to you. The connector body itself is female, but the terminal pins are male. The identity of the connector is based on the type of terminal pins, so overall it is said to be a "male" connector. It can be confusing, but hopefully we're talking about the same thing?

If you actually need the mating female connector (male body with female terminal pins) then I might have that too but I'd have to look as I'm not entirely sure yet.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:56 PM

These are the connectors I have. The white one is from the adapter harness. The black one goes to the ECM.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Both the square and trapezoid connectors have a black and grey version. The colors are keyed different and not interchangeable. Black mates to black, grey mates to grey. All the part numbers are shown in the link I gave you earlier.

I only have the black connectors. Let me see a picture of your actual O2 sensor and its connector and I can tell you if I have the mating connector you need. If your O2 sensor has a grey connector then I don't have a match for you but you can buy it yourself using the part numbers I gave you.

Quick Reply: 02 sensor wiring help needed