Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 gmc dually 6.5 turbo diesel to 5.3 ls swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 gmc dually 6.5 turbo diesel to 5.3 ls swap

I got a question during my 5.3ls swap in to a 95 gmc dually 3500 single cab 8ft bed I have deleted the vats so I got it running and keep in mind I have not hooked up a oil pressure sensor or temp sensor yet to my guages but the truck used to run and the dbw worked fine then one day I get a obd2 code saying manufacturer define? Causes my throttle ped to not work unless I code scan the pcm and clear the code then it's ok for 5 mins to dive then you have to clear the code again.What do you think my problem may be? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I thought it was pretty still basic ls swap related besides I have one problem my throttle loses communication between tac module and pedal and the throttle body some were and if you code scan it and erase the codes the pedal will work for about 5 mins then try to touch pedal again and no response. Has anyone had a same or similar issue with a swap and the pedal working and the not working then working again? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. This is one tune I used to get the swap started but now I have a different tune and I can post that tune as well.
Thanks, James
Attached Files
Old 02-12-2023, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Jameslogan534
I got a question during my 5.3ls swap in to a 95 gmc dually 3500 single cab 8ft bed I have deleted the vats so I got it running and keep in mind I have not hooked up a oil pressure sensor or temp sensor yet to my guages but the truck used to run and the dbw worked fine then one day I get a obd2 code saying manufacturer define? Causes my throttle ped to not work unless I code scan the pcm and clear the code then it's ok for 5 mins to dive then you have to clear the code again.What do you think my problem may be? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I thought it was pretty still basic ls swap related besides I have one problem my throttle loses communication between tac module and pedal and the throttle body some were and if you code scan it and erase the codes the pedal will work for about 5 mins then try to touch pedal again and no response. Has anyone had a same or similar issue with a swap and the pedal working and the not working then working again? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. This is one tune I used to get the swap started but now I have a different tune and I can post that tune as well.
Thanks, James
James,

It sure would be hopeful if you posted the OBD code that you keep getting.

I suspect one of your components is bad. Either the pedal, TAC, or throttle body.

Andrew
Old 02-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is usuall

usually a P01810 and a U0107 witch are yes throttle codes but I just redid my tune on it Las night and now it seems to be working right but I will know for sure in a day or 2 I have another pcm with good tune on it and a new throttle body and if those to don't fix it then it would have to be the tac module and or the 95 gmc dbw stock truck gas pedal where you swap the DBW Pedal wires I believe are A&E. If I remember correctly.
so I will keep you updated In a day or so.
thanks for the help.

Greatly appreciated
thanks,
James