Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ly6 tr6060 joining.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ly6 tr6060 joining.

I’ve got an ly6 that I turned into an iron ls3 that I will be mating to a tr6060 from a 2013 Camaro next month. I have the ls7 style flywheel clutch kit from scoggin Dickey that came with the flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts. I replaced the slave cylinder with a new oem version and have some arp bell housing bolts. I also bought an earls AN conversion for the hydraulic line that will connect to the master cylinder. No master cylinder yet, but I will connect the steel braided line and leave extra length for future install.

I am planning a day next month to mate this to the engine and install the two into my bmw and am very much hoping to not encounter some issue that causes me to postpone the project (very limited schedule unfortunately).

Flywheel and clutch install seem very straight forward. Is there anything special about mounting the trans itself? Does the slave cylinder require any calibration or does it just compress against the pressure plate on install?

Any other pearls of wisdom or pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-19-2023, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 319 Likes on 234 Posts

On my 1999 BMW E36 LS swap using a T56 magnum I used a 2002 Camaro slave. LS7 clutch and flywheel. The stock BMW master. I forget who I got the master to slave line. Check over on Bimmer Forums. Tick speed bleeder on the slave. Mity vac for bleeding. Worked great.
Old 02-19-2023, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 TJ
On my 1999 BMW E36 LS swap using a T56 magnum I used a 2002 Camaro slave. LS7 clutch and flywheel. The stock BMW master. I forget who I got the master to slave line. Check over on Bimmer Forums. Tick speed bleeder on the slave. Mity vac for bleeding. Worked great.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Ly6 tr6060 joining.