Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 silverado v6 to v8 swap, staying DBC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 silverado v6 to v8 swap, staying DBC?

How do I keep DBC doing this swap? 2006 rcsb v6 NV3500 non ac truck. Use a 99-03 engine or use a 04+ engine and swap the intake? I know it's possible because I had a 05 that the previous owner v8 swapped and kept it DBC but I don't know how he did it. Also that trucks igniton was on the key but he had the starter wired to a button. is that something I'll have to do?
The following users liked this post:
strutaeng (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by HarrySlother
How do I keep DBC doing this swap? 2006 rcsb v6 NV3500 non ac truck. Use a 99-03 engine or use a 04+ engine and swap the intake? I know it's possible because I had a 05 that the previous owner v8 swapped and kept it DBC but I don't know how he did it. Also that trucks igniton was on the key but he had the starter wired to a button. is that something I'll have to do?
The differences are in the wiring harness, not so much on the engines. Years are 99-02 and 03+. As long as you keep the wiring harness from the donor within your year as close as possible, you should be okay. There's some little differences like the oil pressure sender 1 wire on the earlier trucks vs 3 wire on the later. But you can just swap senders.

Some ECU on the later trucks had the driver for both DBC and DBW. There's a thread on performancetruck.net that shows you what to look for. I would probably just run DBW because I think it would make the swap easier.

I swapped an L59 from a 04 Suburban into my 1999 Silverado V6. Had to source a 2000 wiring harness and ECU from the wrecking yard separately because the harness/ECU that came from the donor engine wouldn't work.

Ignition switch on your old truck probably didn't have to do with DBC. Was it maybe a kill or security switch?

Edit: here it is: https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/how-too-dbw-dbc-swap-549983/

Quick Reply: 2006 silverado v6 to v8 swap, staying DBC?