Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does everybody who does LS swaps on 240’s get rid of them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

I can't remember the last time I saw a Nissan 240SX, much less one that was in good condition.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,113 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Originally Posted by Spamfritter
I can't remember the last time I saw a Nissan 240SX, much less one that was in good condition.
Exactly. These bodies aren't exactly bank vaults. After a decent amount of good ol' American torque torture, they're twisted trash.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Exactly. These bodies aren't exactly bank vaults. After a decent amount of good ol' American torque torture, they're twisted trash.
I’m not sure about American torque torture. But drifting takes a toll on them for sure. Anyone who drifts will inevitably cash into things and do damage. Also remember that only a fraction of people who own(ed) these cars do LS swaps. Or any kind of swaps (including other popular swaps such as SR’s or RB’s). Most just run the rather underpowered stock KA. But if you run into a streetlight, utility pole, or fire hydrant while trying to be a drift hero, your car is toast just the same.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Few are local to me, most are turbo 4cyl and a couple LS swapped.

I build what I have and enjoy driving them. Both my 4th Gen F-bodies wrecked, had a 95 Z28 with a stout 408 & t56 setup and it twisted the car up to the point of cracking the windshield and tweaking fenders. Swapped the drivetrain into a 1998 Camaro I got cheap when that 95 wrecked. The 1998 was eventually re-designed by a telephone pole coming around a corner and hitting black ice. Took the drivetrain and swapped it into my current 1984 Monte SS when I bought that back in late 2010.

Being a 40yr old car, yea the seats are comfortable as a couch but it's 40yr old tech. Original gauges work, dash is cracked, upgraded radio speakers, drivers window shimmies going down for some reason still been chasing that. Have had a few parts break that I was able to make since I work in a machine shop. Upgraded Suspension and Breaks to modern stuff, that was a must. Driveability is there as a modern car, but no cruise control of AC so that's what makes it a fun hotrod. Easy to work on if need be.

I've built quite a few cars, the fun is there but for me personally I'm at the point of driving and enjoying what I have more because of that work I put in them. I have my MCSS setup with a healthy cammed 6.0l, Built T56 in it, QP Custom 9" with 3.89 Gears. It's a riot to drive. Also have a 2002 C5 Z06 I modded with boltons & my tuning. That car is frisky. That's full leather, AC, very comfortable car for date night. Not a road trip car there's no leg room and the trunk you have the space to pack in two golf bags so limited on travel. Did it once and the woman had to pack light.

Last edited by the_merv; 06-10-2024 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2024, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 844 Likes on 646 Posts

I was at the track Saturday and a guy had a LS swapped Porsche 944. Cool car but I bet it's a handful to drive. Probably a better drift car than track car.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with many responses...many of us like to build. The process is the thrill and the finished product is the reward. We drive and enjoy it, but grow bored once finished and look for the next project. This is me 100%.
I don't have space for more than 1 project at a time, so sell finished projects to fund the next. If I had the space, it might get ugly with projects and finished cars...I also can't stand seeing cars not driven regularly, so I don't know if I'd actually collect cars or still end up selling them... so someone else can drive and enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (06-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Why does everybody who does LS swaps on 240’s get rid of them?