Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c1500 5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default c1500 5.3 swap

i need help with the wiring everything its in place connected but no spark and no injection
Old 11-19-2023, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

More info please.... a LOT more....
Old 11-20-2023, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

agree with post above. but... I recently completed a LS swap of a '13 5.3 into a '86 C10 truck. I utilized the factory ECM, pedal, harness and transmission. the first thing I did was go to "lt1swap" and get the pinout diagram(s) for my year engine. then found the wiring diagrams for both the engine & the vehicle used. I do know that you will need to find at least a "constant on" & key-on" power sources. hope this helps.

good luck
Old 11-20-2023, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 336 Likes on 246 Posts

The basics are.
First double check 12 volts in start and run.
Turn the key to run and you should hear the fuel pump runs for a few seconds and then turn off because the ECM isn't seeing the crank shaft rotate.
If the fuel pump fires up that's good. If it doesn't you need to figure that out. Borrow a fuel pressure gauge (Oreillys) and check fuel pressure at the fuel rail while cranking. Should be 58 PS1.
You must have good grounds. To the engine block. To the frame. Can't have too many good grounds.
Old 11-20-2023, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
More info please.... a LOT more....
ok so i have a silverado 1991 swap to 5.3 vortec DBW im using a aftermarket wiring harness and its not the original ECM but its program and all that got 12v on the fuses and i don't have any left plugs change the crank and cam sensors already but i dont have spark and fuel injection
Old 11-20-2023, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rodstored-72
agree with post above. but... I recently completed a LS swap of a '13 5.3 into a '86 C10 truck. I utilized the factory ECM, pedal, harness and transmission. the first thing I did was go to "lt1swap" and get the pinout diagram(s) for my year engine. then found the wiring diagrams for both the engine & the vehicle used. I do know that you will need to find at least a "constant on" & key-on" power sources. hope this helps.

good luck
thanks i will check that
Old 11-20-2023, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1 TJ
The basics are.
First double check 12 volts in start and run.
Turn the key to run and you should hear the fuel pump runs for a few seconds and then turn off because the ECM isn't seeing the crank shaft rotate.
If the fuel pump fires up that's good. If it doesn't you need to figure that out. Borrow a fuel pressure gauge (Oreillys) and check fuel pressure at the fuel rail while cranking. Should be 58 PS1.
You must have good grounds. To the engine block. To the frame. Can't have too many good grounds.
yes i got pump runing and good pressure good grounds and all that but im still got no injection and no spark
Old 11-21-2023, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mlimon
yes i got pump runing and good pressure good grounds and all that but im still got no injection and no spark
Those may or may not be related.

You popped the fuel rails to confirm you are not getting injector spraying? Have you checked the injector wiring to see if you are getting electrical pulsing?

As far as missing spark, that may be related to a crankshaft position sensor (note: if the ECU doesn't have CPS signal it's not going to fire injectors.)
Old 11-21-2023, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strutaeng
Those may or may not be related.

You popped the fuel rails to confirm you are not getting injector spraying? Have you checked the injector wiring to see if you are getting electrical pulsing?

As far as missing spark, that may be related to a crankshaft position sensor (note: if the ECU doesn't have CPS signal it's not going to fire injectors.)
yes i got fuel on the rails pump its working and i hace good pressure i replaced tha crank sensor its brand new and check the wiring on the injector wiring and i have power
Old 12-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C1500

So did you get it going?????
Old 12-07-2023, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Painters
So did you get it going?????
yes was the wiring harness i got to cutt a few cables y rewire and its running now thanks
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (12-07-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

When i did my swap into my 92 i had the oil pressure sender wired wrong and on the 92 if it doesn't see pressure ( if i remember correctly ) it will stop spark. Once i fixed that i was good.

Quick Reply: c1500 5.3 swap