Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of John's Custom wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Beware of John's Custom wiring

Just wanted to make sure this is all over the internet. Gotta make ol John kwasky internet famous.

So, I just want to put this out there before anyone else gets screwed over by this asshat. Johns custom wiring 475 E South Airport Rd Traverse City, MI 49686 I ordered a plug and play harness for a 6.0 in 97 crew cab, ordered and payed the deposit on 4-16-23. He stated 95 day wait ok at that time everyone was about the same answer. First time I emailed him was at the end of June beginning of July, done by end of week was his response, ok. 3 weeks pass I email him back, what's going on ? Oh supply chain issues shouldn't be much longer. 3 more weeks pass, email him again, 3 days later I get a no updates right now. 3 more weeks pass, again should be soon. Another 3 weeks later, keep in mind everytime I have to send him emails asking wtf is going on there's zero communication from him. I tell him fine at this point I'm fed up it's now November and I still don't have a harness or even an idea when it will show up. I give him a Nov 16th date before I'm doing a charge back. November 14th, harness is claimed to be done get a "label created" email, I'm skeptical as hell at this point but he swears its done, so I pay the remainder on Nov 14th. Email him back on the 17th to see why I have no tracking number, he says he won't ship anything till my PayPal payment clears his bank account. At this point I'm pissed, I email him back in 3 days he's now getting annoyed with me wanting my harness and starts telling me that it's business days and that he shouldn't have to tell me that, keep in mind I paid on a Tuesday and emailed him on Friday and the following monday. Now November 20th payment has cleared according to him, but he's out of town on a another "harness job" and won't be able to ship it out till he gets back in a couple days. Dudes a flake run as far away from this clown as you can.

. It's now December 21 still no harness, got 400 back from him on a paypal charge back and now after being fully paid till December 18th he's trying to keep the other 500 and is now threatening to sell my "completed" harness in 30 days. Johns custom wiring at 475 E South Airport Rd Traverse City, MI 49686 Wish I had went any where else but now I'm stuck battling with this asshat till I get something. If anyone needs proof I have the whole email chain for the past 7 months of dealing with this guy and would be more than happy to post them
The following 3 users liked this post by phew:
G Atsma (12-21-2023), kwhizz (12-23-2023), wannafbody (04-16-2024)
Old 12-22-2023, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Is this the guy that does an ad on Craigslist NMI? I go by the house quite often.
Old 12-23-2023, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 171 Likes on 149 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through this misery. There are so many dishonest people out there. Some might say that we're only hearing your side of the story and that is true. However, I read this type of stuff all the time on Nextdoor.com where people get taken by home improvement contractors again and again. It's one of the main reasons that I do my own work.
The following 2 users liked this post by dannyual777:
G Atsma (12-23-2023), Jimbo1367 (06-27-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phew
Just wanted to make sure this is all over the internet. Gotta make ol John kwasky internet famous.

So, I just want to put this out there before anyone else gets screwed over by this asshat. Johns custom wiring 475 E South Airport Rd Traverse City, MI 49686 I ordered a plug and play harness for a 6.0 in 97 crew cab, ordered and payed the deposit on 4-16-23. He stated 95 day wait ok at that time everyone was about the same answer. First time I emailed him was at the end of June beginning of July, done by end of week was his response, ok. 3 weeks pass I email him back, what's going on ? Oh supply chain issues shouldn't be much longer. 3 more weeks pass, email him again, 3 days later I get a no updates right now. 3 more weeks pass, again should be soon. Another 3 weeks later, keep in mind everytime I have to send him emails asking wtf is going on there's zero communication from him. I tell him fine at this point I'm fed up it's now November and I still don't have a harness or even an idea when it will show up. I give him a Nov 16th date before I'm doing a charge back. November 14th, harness is claimed to be done get a "label created" email, I'm skeptical as hell at this point but he swears its done, so I pay the remainder on Nov 14th. Email him back on the 17th to see why I have no tracking number, he says he won't ship anything till my PayPal payment clears his bank account. At this point I'm pissed, I email him back in 3 days he's now getting annoyed with me wanting my harness and starts telling me that it's business days and that he shouldn't have to tell me that, keep in mind I paid on a Tuesday and emailed him on Friday and the following monday. Now November 20th payment has cleared according to him, but he's out of town on a another "harness job" and won't be able to ship it out till he gets back in a couple days. Dudes a flake run as far away from this clown as you can.

. It's now December 21 still no harness, got 400 back from him on a paypal charge back and now after being fully paid till December 18th he's trying to keep the other 500 and is now threatening to sell my "completed" harness in 30 days. Johns custom wiring at 475 E South Airport Rd Traverse City, MI 49686 Wish I had went any where else but now I'm stuck battling with this asshat till I get something. If anyone needs proof I have the whole email chain for the past 7 months of dealing with this guy and would be more than happy to post them
im dealing with the same crap guy nothing but a scam huge POS nothing but the runaround
Old 01-18-2024, 10:09 AM

should report him for fraud
Old 01-22-2024, 10:29 AM

I'm in the same boat left him a nice review with emails and other peoples post about him on this business on google reviews might be a good idea to to leave your review on there as well
The following users liked this post:
Y2K_Frenzy (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 169 Likes on 111 Posts

contact the local police department. Interstate fraud will be investigated for sure otherwise call the state police!
G Atsma (01-22-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I have made this response in the past, but I will post how I have gotten great results. Contact the Attorney General's office in the state where he does business. Most have forms on their websites where you can file a complaint against a business in their state. Detail what you did here to them. Let them know you are out of state and hope they can help. Good luck
G Atsma (01-28-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Lol these comments in here "call the police" "call the attorney general" you'll probably end up wasting more time then just moving on and forgetting about this whole ordeal
KnightmareLS1 (04-30-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband had the exact same thing happen. He has been fighting this guy for TWO YEARS NOW. Sent him over $1k to get the job done in 95 days and never heard from him again. He has since BLOCKED MY HUSBAND'S NUMBER and refuses to do anything to remedy the situation. My father-in-law and myself have also called him to try to get more information and he always plays dumb and says he'll look into it. We planned to just leave bad reviews everywhere but there's literally nowhere you can. We will be taking legal action.
Old 04-07-2024, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Any updates from anyone that has felt with him? Unfortunately I am in same boat. Sent wiring harness around August of 2023. Ran across this thread in February of 2024 and was able to get half my money back. He know says that harness is complete and is ready to ship. I told him send pictures of completed harness. Not sure if I can believe him. He sent a new invoice which would give me 95 days to dispute it if he doesn’t send. I told him send a picture and I’d pay and want tracking number within a week or I’ll dispute again. Don’t have much faith.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 91 Z28
Lol these comments in here "call the police" "call the attorney general" you'll probably end up wasting more time then just moving on and forgetting about this whole ordeal
It's for the next guy. Not you.
G Atsma (04-16-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 08:43 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

How did this get resolved?
Pro Stock John (06-24-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 02:55 PM

This guy is still out here doing the same things - i paid a more than double the original cost for "Rush processing" that should be 2 weeks from the 1st of may. fast forward to mid July, i receive the harness still haven't finished installing to check quality of work but i encourage everyone to avoid this guy and get in contact with paypal to report him. his paypal handle is @johnscustomwiring

Quick Reply: Beware of John's Custom wiring