Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine controller setups ls3 376

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine controller setups ls3 376

Hello long time lurker I知 probably beating a dead horse here. But officially new to the group. I知 working on my first ls swap and attempting to gather as much information on an engine controller with a manual transmission(t56)I have a 376/480 ls3 and I知 looking for information regarding the GM performance controller that is made specifically for this engine ls3,376/480 crate engine. As its drive by wire I see no information on if this controller will run cruise control or ac output inputs. The description is vague in some areas or maybe I知 complicating things by over thinking it. At first I was going to jam a holly terminator in it and go. But now I知 thinking maybe I should go with a controller that can monitor both o2s and for reliability. All critiques and advice appreciated. As well as tips for searching for this things on this site. Thanks all -Mike
Old 02-17-2024, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

The GMPP LS3 controller is a modified E67, custom universal stand alone harness (that fits awful) and custom computer operating system. The ECM pinout is unique to the GMPP system, so swapping ECM or harness isn't directly available. It is a generic E67 module, so a wipe/flash is possible, but you're paying a premium to redo everything then. The harness has a handful of pins swapped around, so nothing revolutionary, but again, if you're not familiar with the changes, it will bite you

All in all, I'd skip buying the controller and just run an aftermarket setup. Almost any way you go will be less costly, fit better and do the same function as GMPP. The one benefit of the GMPP is the preflashed file for the LS3. It's very conservative, so I wouldn't call that a huge benefit. A holley startup tune is equivalent and takes <1 minute to setup
Old 02-17-2024, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 336 Likes on 246 Posts

I would go with a GM ECM and wiring harness from places like Howell or Speartech. No Amazon harnesses and ECM for me. Both will load a base tune in the ECM to get you going. I buy the ECM and harness from one place so if I have issues I have one place to call for tech support. As I recall most tuners like to have a VSS signal from the trans to fine tune the tune.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

I used a 2012 GM, E38 PCM. It has Fuel injector limit up to 127#, so you won't be stuck with 63# in some 2008 and earlier models. Nothing unique about the setup
Old 02-17-2024, 07:57 PM

Received 426 Likes on 325 Posts

There have been plenty of posts here about people unhappy with the "odd' GMPP ECU.
You mention that the Holley Terminator X only supports only one O2 sensor, but its a WIDEBAND sensor; in contrast the GMPP/E67 only supports narrowbands. To easily and reliably tune the "Power Enrichment"/High-throttle parts of your fueling table you really need a wideband. Holley makes this trivial, not quite "self learning", but close. For the GM ECUs many tuners install a separate wideband and connect it to HP Tuners by several well-documented methods.
The vast majority of people will say that the single Wideband O2 sensor is sufficient, especially when installed on the driver's side which seems to run leaner.
Ironically I am currently struggling with wildly different (and verified) AFR readings in the right and left banks in my Dominator logs (which supports two O2 sensors). However until the recent issue, I never saw much right/left bank difference.

Quick Reply: Engine controller setups ls3 376