Sponsored by:

2004 TJ Unlimited LS Swap Exhaust build

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2004 TJ Unlimited LS Swap Exhaust build

Hello guys,

Working on a LS swap 5.3L on my 04 TJ Unlimited. I am using the Camero SS headers, and now need to build the exhaust. Possible to get some info on what Cats will work best?
Possible to also see some images of how you are routing your exhaust pipes? I saw a few exhaust builder kits that include a few different bends (90, 180, 45 degrees), are these kits worth it?

Thanks

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

2010 Camaro Manifolds with Holley mounts. 2.5" merged into 3". I later added a 3" resonator because it was a little loud for me.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nleming
2010 Camaro Manifolds with Holley mounts. 2.5" merged into 3". I later added a 3" resonator because it was a little loud for me.

very nice, I like that. Looks like you used 90 and 45 degrees bends? Where did you buy these pieces?
Making these without the cats looks easier and cleaner, not sure if I need the cats on mine.
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Thanks. It was 2020-2021 so some of the bends were hard to find in stainless but they mostly came from Summit. I believe the stainless flanges to match the manifolds came from eBay & were ridiculously expensive.

I had to do some pie cutting in the circled area because it was turning tight and going up at the same time. Other than that, I think all of the pieces were out of the box 90⁰ & 45⁰.

The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Teching In

@nleming Cool. Stainless is always expensive, I will attempt to make mine with steel. Are the two down pipe with the flange to manifold 90 or 45?
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 361 Likes on 262 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have a 98 Wrangler with a 2002 LS6 4L60E combo. Did it about 15 years ago and its been bullet proof.
Exhaust wise I used 1.75" block hugger headers so the both sides of the header points mostly straight down in the middle of the engine. Then using 2.5" mild steel tubing bends from Summit I came straight down and then around the front of the oil pan to the passenger side. After that I ran the drivers side tube "low" and the passenger side tube "high" withe 2:1 merge positioned vertically. I used a Flow Master 2:1 merge. 2.5" in with 3" out. I used a long 3" Dynomax turbo muffler. Then 3" out tail pipe of a 2008? Grand Cherokke tail pipe with the the Hemi engine option over the axle. Had to mod it a bit but it fit well.
Couple of pics.
PM me if you want better pics.

The following users liked this post:
Tma120 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Teching In

@LS1 TJ That thing look brand new, out of the box.
What is the benefit of using 3" pipes at the end ? I already have the rear curved up pipe, and a muffler, but they are 2" 1/2 ID, so was thinking about making the all exhaust with 2" 1/2 pipes.

Quick Reply: 2004 TJ Unlimited LS Swap Exhaust build