Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 in a S-10/Sonoma??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 in a S-10/Sonoma??

im not sure if this is the right spot to post this but here it goes, i was wondering if a 2002 ls1 corvette engine will fit in a 03 sonoma, and if it would be smog legal, i have all the computers for the ls1 engine and everything it needs for the corvette to be legal, and i need to know if it would be smog legal in a sonoma also? and also would it fit in a sonoma, what would you have to do to get it to fit? thanks for any help.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:33 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it will.

This is the wrong section.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There have been people who actually did the swap in the conversion section of this site.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 SilveRado
im not sure if this is the right spot to post this but here it goes, i was wondering if a 2002 ls1 corvette engine will fit in a 03 sonoma, and if it would be smog legal, i have all the computers for the ls1 engine and everything it needs for the corvette to be legal, and i need to know if it would be smog legal in a sonoma also? and also would it fit in a sonoma, what would you have to do to get it to fit? thanks for any help.
I'm in the middle of doing my truck right now. There are many hurdles in this swap. Honestly a LT1 swap is much easier. One problem you will run into is the oil pan. Big problem!!! You can eithor get a truck pan chop it down 2" and still modify the truck frame or you can really go nuts with a fbody or vette pan. If I was around I would show you pics of the modifications I had to do but I'm outta town on business right now. There are a few pics on www.s10forum.com and other similar sites.