Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring diagram??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring diagram??

I just bought a ls1 from a 98 trans am and am planning on installing it in a 69 corvette. The engine currently has the auto trans, but I am planning on swapping in manual. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the engine harness? What are some good books that I should get ahold of for info on the ls1 and how the systems run? Any diagrams or useful information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Lostpatrolman; 08-21-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lostpatrolman
I just bought a ls1 from a 98 trans am and am planning on installing it in a 69 corvette. The engine currently has the auto trans, but I am planning on swapping in manual. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the engine harness? What are some good books that I should get ahold of for info on the ls1 and how the systems run? Any diagrams or useful information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The Helms service manuals are a gold mine. Step by step diagnostic procedures for every error code, detailed wiring diagrams, torque specs, etc.

Cheapest place I know of is Dal Slabaugh at Vandevere Oldsmobile, he does a big mail-order GM parts business.

Phone: 877-448-5451 or email lockitup@bright.net
Old 08-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good book is

How to Understand, Service and Modify Corvette Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Management

by Charles D. Probst.

The book is corvette specific, but F-body programing is pretty much the same. There is a lot of good info in there and it fully explains thi9ngs such as open loop and closed loop as well as give LS1 specific examples and wiring diagrams. It is no replacement for the Helms manual, but a nice supplement. And make sure you pick up a Helms manual for the correct year and model. There are a few differences year to year and between the F-body and the corvettes. And you are in luck, two of us on the forum have already swapped into an early C3 so if you have questions, we can answer them.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol, what ever happened to budman? He doesnt count? Are you running ps, and a/c? If so, did you need to make custom brackets for those? I know you did for the alternator, I already have dimensions for that.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Launchin It!

Originally Posted by Lostpatrolman
lol, what ever happened to budman? He doesnt count? Are you running ps, and a/c? If so, did you need to make custom brackets for those? I know you did for the alternator, I already have dimensions for that.
I'm heer, just not productive. My car goes to the muffler shop on Saturday and hopefully I'll finish the PS hoses too. Major PITA. Moving in the middle of a swap was a bad idea. By the way, 70LS1 and Scooter70 did it the easy way I switched my car from auto to stick, then rebuilt the steering column, etc., etc.... Got a bad case of "while I'm at it illness".

Pick up LS1/LS6 Performance by HPbooks. Easy reading...
Old 08-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

If you search this site for 'pinout' you will find links to sites like this one, that have them posted.

http://teamzr1.com/pcmecm/99pinpcm.html

This site has '98 too.

I got '98 schematics from the library here, and used them to wire my car. If you want a .pdf of them (four pages), send me a PM and I'll scan them and send them to you.

Phil
Old 08-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another good source of info and free :http://134.39.200.6:9001/home.html somebody was nice enough to post this in the racers' lounge.

Quick Reply: Wiring diagram??