Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well, I know what vehicle I'm doing the swap in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004 | 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default well, I know what vehicle I'm doing the swap in!

I'm just in love with the styling of the nissan 300zx. I am just wondering though, has anyone here done this swap? I would imagine I could get the car itself very cheap with a blown motor considering I see running ones in the paper going for $3500-4000. Thanks, Michael.
Old 09-15-2004 | 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you look in the not-too-distant-past posts, I think the "first LS1 300Z ever completed" was going up for sale. I don't recall if there's a ton of info out there on putting LS1s in the Z-cars but it has been done. I'd love to see someone do an LS1 in a 280Z. I just like the looks of those cars.....

-Matt
Old 09-16-2004 | 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Scooter70
If you look in the not-too-distant-past posts, I think the "first LS1 300Z ever completed" was going up for sale. I don't recall if there's a ton of info out there on putting LS1s in the Z-cars but it has been done. I'd love to see someone do an LS1 in a 280Z. I just like the looks of those cars.....

-Matt
I own one (the first swap pioneered, but not the first completed)... the car mentined above that is up for sale on Ebay was started after I had started my swap, but finished before mine. PROPS to him on that!!! Definately take a look at the SportZ magazine article he mentions in his Ebay ad!

Mine has taken a bit longer because I still have kept all of the necessities like.. power steering, AC, etc. Mating the 300zx ECU and LS1 ECM was a BIG pain.. and thats what has taken so long on mine.

I'll have pics in about 2 weeks. I'm up at school, so I have to wait till I can get back home

The swap is tough, but very manageable... email me for more info or just keep posting here, I love to share info about my Z : krazeezx@hotmail.com

-Vann

Last edited by 5.7LImport; 09-16-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2004 | 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Scooter70

-Matt
If you wanna see an LS1 in a 280z.. check out http://www.hybridz.org theres a few over there now I'll agree, 280s are very sexy.. I might get one for my beater soon.

-Vann

Quick Reply: well, I know what vehicle I'm doing the swap in!