Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)

Just pulled out the old engine and transmission two days ago, as you can see by the pictures I still need to remove the TPI headers & y-pipe and old engine wiring harness. My LS1 engine and transmission is from a 98 T/A, I bought a notched factory k-member from (hawks) that I plan on installing today. I plan on doing a head/cam package with the LS6 intake and using exhaust manifolds & cats from a 2000 Z28 with a borla y-pipe and borla catback exhaust. I know that I am going to have to do some heating and bending to make it fit. But for right now I started buying stuff to put the power to the ground, panhard rod/lower control arms/subframe connector/aluminum driveshaft from a 2002 T/A, I'm still waiting on my LCA relocation brackets. I will keep posting pictures as the project comes along.

Attached Thumbnails Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)-mvc-468x.jpg   Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)-mvc-472x.jpg  
Old 09-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry my other picture files are to large to post, I will take some more pictures later and post them
Old 09-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

always good to see another thirdgen getting the treatment , keep us posted on the progress!i'd like to compare notes with all the thirdgen guys.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Picture of engine on shipping pallet.
Attached Thumbnails Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)-mvc-476x.jpg  
Old 09-27-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember the goog old days of dissasembly...just wait for assembly, lol . Its a fun project, minus the jack stand head bang, which you will learn to love if you dont have a lift. If you have any questions, definatly come on here and one of us third gen ls1 swappers will probably know the answer. Have a good time, and let us know how its comin along. Heres a few pics of my ls1 I just bolted in a couple nights ago . Good luck with everything.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)-car-007.jpg   Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)-car-008.jpg  

Quick Reply: Just started 85 T/A LS1 swap (pic)