Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.4 to 5.7 swap. lets talk! all kinds of info wanted

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.4 to 5.7 swap. lets talk! all kinds of info wanted

well idk what happened to my 3.4 but so be it. it had 70 k on it, ran fine. then started knocking then seized. oil pressure was good, oil level good, motor didnt overheat... something just went. but u know what oh well. story of my life. anyways, i always wanted a v8 so now comes the time to finally dig into the swap.

I decided i am gonna go with an lt1 over an ls1 mainly becuz its cheaper and easier to convert. Secondly, i think due to obd-ii it would be smarter to stay with a 94-95 lt1. i dont want a 93 motor. I plan to get a motor off ebay complete with all the pumps and computer and tranny.

do you all agree so far? a good choice?

next, so far i've heard that you should swap the rearend, the fuel pump, the radiator, the driveshaft, and the front coil springs.
correct? anything missing?

i'll change sway bars 2 probably with 1LE bars. how hard is the steering box to swap with the z28 box? is it a simple bolt in?

secondly what about the gauges and the harness that runs them? will the interior harness's simply plug into the 5.7 pcm and work or do things have to be changed? what about exhaust... i've heard a 3.4 crossmember won't allow for dual cats. so would an aftermarket 3" single cat setup to fit say a 93-95 z28 drop right in?

I think i'm gonna get an aftermarket fuel pump with higher output since I think i'm gonna build up this 5.7 a little b4 i put it in.

which leads me to my next whole field of questions.... what mods to do to the motor that are relatively inexpensive and will keep this 5.7 reliable but give it more power. gimme some ideas to ponder over.

any suggestions, tips, comments, links to more info,etc greatly appreciated.

you can email gerard143@adelphia.net also