Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

started yesterday but not today

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are your running a supply on demand fuel system (1 way)?
Or a return line fuel system?

Also is the pump an intake or external inline pump?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

pump is external and yes i checked numberous times to make sure that the lines were indeed hooked up right! the thing is just not working! but my buddy that sold it to me is defecting it out and gettin me a new one for free, so all is goood!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

well it fired up again finally! man was i happy! but i am a lil dissapointed! maybe it is because i just have some of that bendable exhaust piping jammed up inside the manifolds, and the exhaust leak is just so loud and barely any air is traveling all the way through the exhaust pipes and mufflers. but my car doesnt sound like i have a hotcam in there! i mean i have a computer with a mail order tune that i bought for the hotcam, but it just doesnt sound like i have a cam in there? i bought it from a guy on this website, but for right now i just dont know? would a stock cam run on a good on a tune for the hotcam? any and all help is wanted. and on my other thread about the shifter cable as well lol! thanks guys

daniel
Old 12-15-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you need to get your exhaust leaks fixed before you can tell if it sounds like it has a hotcam. I bought my Comp 224R off of Ebay and I measured the lift before putting it in to make sure what it was. It also had marking on the face that gave the specs. Did you check the part number on the front of the cam? Should have been a pretty easy check with a GM part. The hotcam should give you a nice lopey idle, you'll be able to hear it.

Quick Reply: started yesterday but not today