Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Stock LS1 Power Steering Pumps Garbage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know what the pressure requirement for a newer ZQ8 optioned S10 would be? I know it uses the old recirc ball setup, but I also added a open air PS cooler off a 4 cylinder S10 or a HD blazer. Now that crainholio brought that up, I'm curious as to whether I'm gonna have a problem or not. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kossuth
Anybody know what the pressure requirement for a newer ZQ8 optioned S10 would be? I know it uses the old recirc ball setup, but I also added a open air PS cooler off a 4 cylinder S10 or a HD blazer. Now that crainholio brought that up, I'm curious as to whether I'm gonna have a problem or not. Thanks.

I need to know too I'm in the middle of researching the same thing. I was just gonna put a LS1 in the M/c but I've decided that the X is gonna get one first.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt anybody knows this being I asked it awhile back. I will let you know if I have any problems, but it just seems that very few people have much experience doing this swap into these trucks because of the space problems. We might not have any problems being I have seen quite a few LT1 swaps and none of them have a PS problem, and the rack and pinion setup in a LT1 is similar enough to that of a LS1 that it should show up I would think. I guess we will see though

Quick Reply: Are Stock LS1 Power Steering Pumps Garbage?