Old 01-04-2005 | 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default Fuel line kit

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-103461...20_1823_997086

Has anybody used this? It is from www.tennesseeauto.com
Old 01-04-2005 | 10:32 PM
Teching In

Looks like the 98' corvette filter/reg.
Seems kind of pricey but everything you'd need is there.
If you don't use steel braided line, you could do it much cheaper.

I got a kit from Street & Performance for less than $150. but it didn't come
with any steel braided line.
Old 01-04-2005 | 11:37 PM
Teching In

Ok, all this is great info. Now for emissions in CA, what do I need there? I'm pretty sure after reading other threads that you need to pass emissions for the year of the engine, not the car correct? So does that mean I will have to get dual cats just like 4th gens? Also, do I need to get the charcoal canister and a gas tank (plan on that anyways) from a 4th gen to pass the emissions? Is there any other smog junk that I will need to put onto my car? Thanks again for all the help everyone.
Old 01-05-2005 | 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

damn! talk about a ripoff! $375 for that?!
thats a 99+ C5 regulator/filter ( about $25-35 )
4 quick connect fittings
3 compression to AN fittings
3 AN fittings
and line.

nothing special. NOTHING worth that price. damn.
here, the regulator is GM part number 10299146...( look it up here http://www.gmpartsdirect.com ) or goto autozone and order a fuel filter for a 99-2004 corvette. the corvettes filter and regulator are the same piece.. and since the filter is disposable, they're cheap.

personally i prefer hardline. its safer, easier to mount, and cheaper.

the regulator and fuel rail use quick connects.. they're on the shelf at any autoparts store... or you can use compression fittings... but geeze, thats a ripoff!
Old 01-05-2005 | 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry I threw that on the web site before christmas and have not had a chance to update it, to show the lines going back to your tank.

MrDude, your a little off. I figure for a complete ready to bolt in fuel system $375 is a hell of a deal. Its not like were selling the custom trans crossmember to install a t400 into your car for $175 which was just a stock T56 crosmember $50 that someone used a crappy drill to slot the hole back. I'm still a little ill over that one.

We do use hard line back to the tank. The 6" inch SS line is only on the inlet and return side so you can change the filter out in about 10secs. If you used all hard line it would be impossible to remove because of the fittings are so close together. The 6' of SS braided line make it easier to get to the fuel rail and allows each customer to tailor the way they want there line to run along the engine bay. If you want to use rubber hose from the reg-filter to the tank, you can get everything for $225 including line to the tanks and the clamps. Our kit used hard lines back to the tank, it better and not that hard to do. The parts list is below. It's a little over $240 in parts, not including the four hours to build eveything. The equipment to make all of the HP crimps, and the special crimper needed to do the double flare so that the SS exit pipe will stay in the reg-filter on the supply side. Its the same as the factory puts on the fuel rail to hook up the factory inlet line.

3/8 Quick Disconnect
HP Crimp and Collar
6' 6an SS Line
6an Hose End
6an Union
6an Tube Nut
6an Sleeve
3/8 SS Exit Pipe Flared
Delco Reg-Filter

Outlet Return
1/4" Quick Disconnect
HP Crimp and Collar
6" 6an SS Line
6an Hose End
6an Union
6an Tube Nut
6an Sleeve
8' Hardline to Tank or Pump

Inlet Fuel Supply
3/8 Quick Disconnect
HP Crimp and Collar
6' 6an SS Line
6an Hose End
6an Union
6an Tube Nut
6an Sleeve
8' Hardline to Tank or Pump

Thanks Scott
Old 01-05-2005 | 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Default yes he is high

Scott is a good guy but eveything he has priced me is way to high. I think his market is to guys that want to do a conversion but have more money than time and dont mind paying him for the research that he may save them and he usually doesnt mind answering there questions when they try to put it all together.
Old 01-07-2005 | 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

what is an HP crimp and collar? I can see what they look like in the pictures. Thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel line kit