Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on tranny swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help on tranny swap

Ok i have a 1999 z28 auto and my dad has a 1998 z28 6 speed , i am doing my homework on this before i start and make sure everything will work. if we swap trannies is everything just swap over ? can i just swap trannies ,pedals,crossmembers,and the wiring harnesses and then get his pcm flashed for a auto and my pcm flashed for a 6 speed ? does anyone have any suggestions or problems that i might run into ? will the wiring harnesses swap over ? also could i reflash each computer myself using hptuners? any help would be appreciated ... jeremy
Old 01-16-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

everything swaps over. my car was an A4 now an m6. but still has the A4 wiring. I hear it is a pain to change that. HP tuner will work.
you guys should just change cars.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ve read that the harness and pcm are different for the 98 model , i think my swap to a m6 will be ok but swapping the auto in his car will require finding a 98 auto harness and flashing his pcm to auto . is this correct? if so how hard is it to swap wiring harnesses ? is there seperate harnesses for the engine , tranny and dash, or is all the wiring connected which would all have to come out ? please any help would be appreciated jeremy
Old 01-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engine harness includes the tranny and PCM . It has a plug for the dash stuff . The harness only has these three things on it . You'd have to get the '98 water temp sender out , too on the '98 and put it in the '99.

Quick Reply: Need help on tranny swap