Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Regulator on return line of 5.3 Gen III?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Regulator on return line of 5.3 Gen III?

Hi everyone.

I'm planning on swapping a 5.3 in my jeep scrambler and I'm trying to get some things ironed out before I start. My plan is to use a 2000 truck engine. The biggest mystery for me is the fuel system which I have a few questions on.

1) I believe the 2000's had a feed and return line, so I'll need a regulator on the return side right?

2) Also I'm thinking of modifying or buying a new tank. Are there shops that will add a sump to my tank?

3) When running a high pressure pump is it nessacary to have a seperate pump to supply it?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-04-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 5.3 truck motor has the fuel pressure regulator on the right fuel rail and requires a return......if you use the original fuel rail why not just use the original regulator? You can run any number of in-tank as well as inline fuel pumps....there are all sorts of options here. You won't need two pumps.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I've bought the engine but I'm out of the country on assignment so I'm trying to think ahead some and get some of these things lined up before I get back next week..

Quick Reply: Fuel Regulator on return line of 5.3 Gen III?