Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1/T56 into '64 Chevy C-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LS1/T56 into '64 Chevy C-10

Well, folks, as of about noon I'm the proud ... no, make that scared new owner of a low-mile LS1/T56 from a '99 Z28. The setup I got includes the following:
  • 27K mile LS1 engine
  • 27K mile T56 6-speed transmission
  • All accessories (PS pump, AC compressor, alternator)
  • Complete engine wiring harness
  • Computer
  • Clutch/brake/accelerator pedal setup
  • Clutch hydraulic "stuff"
  • Hurst (Pro 5.0) shifter

So ... how the heck do I install this in my '64 C-10? Yeah, that's a broad question but ultimately that's what it boils down to. Right now I'm asking myself just what the **** I was thinking when I bought this, but it was a good price and really is exactly what I want for the drivetrain. Here are the things that concern me the most:
  • FUEL DELIVERY - absolutely my biggest worry right now
  • Mounting of engine and tranny (shifter position worrisome)
  • Wiring computer into the full American Autowire harness I already purchased
  • Getting my Vintage Air kit working with LS1 brackets, etc. - which compressor should I use?
  • Getting power steering working with the LS1 setup - matching PS lines, fittings, whatever (I haven't decided on a PS setup yet)

Despite how it may appear, I'm not an unskilled newbie just hoping that anonymous Internet samaritans will show up in the night and build my truck for me. I like to work hard and I like to learn, but fuel injection is a completely new realm for me. I want to know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it, so ANY help anyone can offer is more than appreciated.

You can see my project(s) at the URL in my profile (or just click here) to get an idea of what I'm up against with this truck. I want this to be something I can drive reliably for many, many years and I'm willing to put the time and money (up to a limit, of course) in to do it right the first time. I've wasted too much time and money in my life trying to half-a** stuff together to save a few bucks and I've finally learned my lesson.

Thanks a ton!

Brent

Last edited by brossow; 03-26-2005 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: LS1/T56 into '64 Chevy C-10