Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plug and play harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is what i want.

rework my new condition factory harness so that i can utilize as many of my factory guages as possible. to accomplish this this speartech wants the base $450 to rework the factory harness.. understand and sounds good but what does this do?

to make it work with my factory guages they want half of my original factory 3rdgen harness as well plus another $350? so now what i thought was $450 to basically get me up and running is really $800, what was the original $450 for then? alright fair enough but i want to at least have the computer somewhere out of the engine bay. to do this the harness needs to be extended... again understandable and very time consuming so you might as well purchase their new ls1 harness according to them. that's a few more hundred.

so what seems like $450 gets the job done doesn't really.. more around $1,000+ area. i guess that's fine if you don't know what your doing or don't have any other shops in the area but the basic fee to do such work from other shops is back around $450-550 which is half of speartechs with the extras (or close to it) that would be included. so in short i'm not knocking speartech as it sounds like they offer a nice package and those who have them are happy if your willing to pay. for myself though it just wasn't for me as that's at least partial payment on another ls1 motor and tranny for something else.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Launching!

there is not much to a harness... power...ground ignition...fuel pump fans gauges ..1 wire each ...whats the big deal ? just like hooking up a stereo if it was like some circuit making involved then it would be one thing but once again ...its as plain as color white
Old 05-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Launching!

on a stock ls1 i only see reprogramming vats tire size and gear ratio ....thinking that you are using all the emissions ....but to save all the headaches then just buy one from that guy speartech or street & performance...i like the street & performance ones because it has a slick look with the shrink wire tube ...i have never seen a speartech so i dont know how is their finish product
Old 05-08-2005, 06:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Street & Performance wiring was bought by Crane Cams and is now among their "F.A.S.T." Electronics divsion. S&P still sells it, but Crane makes it.
Personally, I can't stand the heat shrink tube look, it's cheesy and gets all stiff.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Teching In

call rudy at hardwired (210) 827-0556 he builds new harnesses and does reworks. around $750

Quick Reply: plug and play harness