Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

I have an Olds Cutlass Supreme that I'm wanting to fix up so it will last me a few more years while also providing a lot more fun. The 3.1L V6 is alright, but the tranny is getting old and I'm wanting some more power.

I don't want to make this into a racing monster, or some super-sleeper. I want at least 300HP, and a transmission that will be good for highway driving with a little bit of city driving thrown in. It definitely needs to be an automatic, though.

The only other thing I'm wanting to do to this car is put in a new exhaust, most likely a flowmaster.

As you can see, I'm not wanting the best. The body on this car is the best I've ever seen up close on a '91. Once this stuff is done, I'm going to be re-doing the entire interior and then getting new wheels. This is a daily driver and I'll be having a local shop do all of the work (I'm not good at all with cars, but have connections and can get good prices.)

I know a lot of you will say I need to do it myself, but it's not an option. It's my only car so it's a daily driver. I Just want to take this car, a car that's been great to me, and make it better. 300 Horsepower, new tranny, new exhaust, and a few cosmetic changes later and it'll be perfect in my eyes.

Any tips, opinions, and help will be appreciated.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After what I have gone through converting my car over to ls1 power(and it's not done yet) I would suggest that you think long and hard if this is the car you want to live with long enough to justify the money you will spend having someone else do the installation. There are companys I have found that have parts to help with the conversion, like street and performance, but using all of the aftermarket parts like wiring harness, brackets and pulleys, etc. will be spendy.
I have chose to install a ls1 into an el camino, and if I ever try to sell it, I will never, ever come close to getting the money I will spent to convert it, let alone the years I have spent on the project. That is because most people like el camino's ok, but they don't want to own one. I would guess the same to be true for your car.

That is my 2 cents worth
Good luck!

Quick Reply: 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme