Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fan and a/c hookup questions, Speartech harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fan and a/c hookup questions, Speartech harness

I am using a Speartech harness. For the primary fan control, is the pink wire or the dark green wire +12V? I am using the flexalite black magic fan and would rather have the pcm turn it on then the crappy thermostat that it comes with.

And for hooking up the a/c clutch wire, am I correct in assuming that the a/c wire needs power to engage the clutch?
Old 04-27-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Default go through the relays

On the painless harness the two trigger wires that come from the PCM are gray and green. You should have two, one for the fan that comes on at the lower temperature and one that comes in at the (you guessed it) higher temperatures. These wires go to to relays (terminal 65?) (I had to buy them they don't come with the kit). As I recall they are grounds (not hot). The relays then get supplied with battery power (Terminal 30), when the relay gets turned on power goes through Termainal 87 to the fan.

Regarding the a/c, yes.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

I got a answer from speartech already, I just thought I would try every one here first. this is what he had to say.
1. Yes. Whatever output you have (either from your A/C dash controller or freon switch) hooks to the green A/C wire on the LS1 harness. 12 volts on that wire engages the compressor clutch and sends a signal to the PCM telling it the A/C is on.

2. You may need to describe the wiring to the relays a little more in detail. Many aftermarket fan companies hook up a ground to the relays and then switch 12 volts to turn them on. GM doesn't do it that way. The pink is 12 volts whenever the key is on, and the PCM provides the ground on the green when it wants the fan to turn on. If you can describe the wires that are hooked to your relay (size, color, terminal number), I can probably help you get them hooked up to the computer control properly.

John
Speartech Fuel Injection Systems, Inc.
www.speartech.com

Quick Reply: fan and a/c hookup questions, Speartech harness