Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

runs 5 seconds and dies

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StngKlr
I re-read my post and it seems to me that I came off as being an A-Hole which was not my intention, for that I'm truely sorry.

I learned a great deal if not all of the knowledge about my swap from this site. I really owe it to all the guys here for my swap getting completed, with that said I try to help other people out as much as I can and return the favor that way.

Also, just to throw this out there, my car ran for the first time with no MAF, O2 & IAT sensors and open headers so..... I bet it has something to with VATS, especially if the injectors are shuting off.
that was very big of you. i am an old fart. 70 years old in fact. a problem that we old farts have is that sometimes the farts come out of our mouths. see what you have to look forward to? this project has made me a kid again. the reason that i am in a hurry is that if i die before i finish, my bratty kid will get the car & give it away just to have me roll over in my grave. he is 45 years old. from what i read here, i do think that it is the vat. the injectors are definitly shutting down.

we will see. i will certainly post the results.

thanks again for your kind words,

dan
Old 05-11-2005, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StngKlr
Also, just to throw this out there, my car ran for the first time with no MAF, O2 & IAT sensors and open headers so..... I bet it has something to with VATS, especially if the injectors are shuting off.

Yes it will run with NO MAF but with a BAD MAF connected , it will have the symptoms he described . Now other things will cause the same symptoms , but it dont hurt to check it out . I believe in looking at the simplest causes first , it can save you a bunch of money in the long run .
Old 05-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1999T/A
Yes it will run with NO MAF but with a BAD MAF connected , it will have the symptoms he described .
wow, i never would have considered that. btw, does the same thing apply for the other sensors, iat, cps, map, oxy, knock etc? if so that would be a great 1st step, unplugging them one at a time, before spending the bucks.

thanks for the tip.

dan
Old 05-11-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RXette
wow, i never would have considered that. btw, does the same thing apply for the other sensors, iat, cps, map, oxy, knock etc? if so that would be a great 1st step, unplugging them one at a time, before spending the bucks.

thanks for the tip.

dan

it can also apply to the o2 sensors.. a bad O2 thats undetected can make the car run REALLY rich.. enough that it can foul plugs and run rough.

if the knock sensors go bad, it usually hears knock and pulls timing... you get less power..

ive never seen a GM MAP sensor go bad..

Quick Reply: runs 5 seconds and dies