Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Trike

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks MrDude, I appreciate the trouble you went to. As you could probably tell from my stuffed e-mail, very basic computer skills are my limit. Just a bit of info on the body design: A good mate mate of mine who happens to be the graphic artist for Ozbike did the artwork so I can't take any credit. I'm not sure whether I should thank him or punch his lights out, cause getting the body right has caused me a lot of sleepless nights. As soon as it is completed I will make sure I send it to you first up. In the meantime I'll see if I can dig up some more recent photos. I have a short video of it under hard acceleration which I will try to send you, but I will have to call in a comp. whiz to do that. In the words of Clint Eastwood " A man has to recognise his limitations"
Cheers,OZ
Old 05-18-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it was no trouble at all.
just email me that video and any other pics as you take them, and i'll put them up for everyone.

ive ridden a bosshoss (sp?) before... its a 502 big block chevy in a motorcycle.. but i think what you have there is even cooler.. lol.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

88 in first? Is the Flux Capicitor up and running too?
1.21 Gigawatts! What's a Gigawatt?!?!
LOL
Old 05-18-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanna see the video! ahaha
Old 05-18-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
apparently, he doesnt. LMAO!

ok, heres a deal:
this is my work PC.
dont link this on any other board
save it on your computer. then share it with whoever.. but please dont take up my bandwith... you take too much, i'll have to pull them off.

heres the fullsize pics if anyone here wants them:
http://66.83.134.202/travis/LS1Trike/
sweet ride
Old 05-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
apparently, he doesnt. LMAO!

ok, heres a deal:
this is my work PC.
dont link this on any other board
save it on your computer. then share it with whoever.. but please dont take up my bandwith... you take too much, i'll have to pull them off.

heres the fullsize pics if anyone here wants them:
http://66.83.134.202/travis/LS1Trike/
If you would like me to host these pics email them to me at pswired(at)pswired(dot)com and I will put them on my web server.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Teching In

Hey guys, I have few questions. I have a mate who wants me to build him a trike same as mine except he wants to go one step further and use the LS7 engine.(ya gotta love this guy.) It is fairly easy for me to jig up off my original frame but I am pretty cramped for room. I want to know if it is possible without altering the frame.

Does the LS7 have the same mounting points?
Does it have the same exterior dimensions?
I know it runs a dry sump, but does anyone know the size of the oil tank?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Teching In

I dont chime in much on this board but I gotta say that your trike is crazy and that the LS7 is about as close to a street legal race motor as it gets. I hope he is a good rider and has ***** beyond belief.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they using that in the new batman movie. I could see batman and cat woman flying around gothem city on that baby.
Nice work, I like it.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Now that is awesome! I've been interested in trikes for a few years, but my wife doesn't like them. I wonder if something like that would change her mind.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Teching In

I just thought I might give you guys an update on my progress. I had a few issues to sort out with straightline high speed. The front end was feeling just a little on the light side. So my engineer designed a floorpan to create a venturi effect (similar to F1 or Indy cars). Supposedly, the faster it goes, the more it will try to hug the road. I hope to test it in the next couple of weeks and I will let you know how it works. If you don't hear from me again, it will be safe to assume that the engineer stuffed up.
Seriously though, I couldn't be happier with the way the body is looking now. It just seems to have taken forever to get it right. The body definitely looks a lot better than the concept photos, so good in fact that a TV show here in OZ called "Beyond Tomorrow" has approached me regarding a 7 min. segment that will be seen Worldwide on the "Discovery Channel". (I'll believe it when it happens) Any potential sponsors that would like to supply me with an LS1 Twin Turbo set up ? Only kidding, I think. Mind you, there is the potential for worldwide coverage.
Seriously though, I am tossing up between using the LS7 or twin turboing the LS1. I am leaning towards the twin turbo option (which will still comply with emissions) Any input will be appreciated.
I should be able to post the photos of the completed trike in a few weeks time, but I am copping a bit of flak from the TV producers about them being the first to release it. Whatever happens, if nothing else, it makes me feel that after busting my **** for the last 7 years building this trike, I just may have got it right. (I sure as heck hope so.) It would be nice to kick a goal.

Regards OZ
Old 08-12-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds great!!

its nice to see some of the crazy ideas we all have, actually get DONE by someone with the time money and talent to do it.... most of us are lacking atleast one of the 3.. lol

id love progress pics if you can sneek them out without trouble!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

so how about some updates!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Teching In

I will be taking photos of completed trike next Tuesday 25th Oct. and will attempt to post them in the evening. I hope you guys aren't disappointed. I ended up painting it a flat gunmetal grey colour (a bit like a stealth fighter) cause that is what it reminds me of. It looks pretty evil and a gaudy colour just didn't sit well with me.
Cheers
OZ
Old 10-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Looks like it's from Mad Max 2
Just walk away.
hahah
Awesome bro, let's get a wheelie shot.

Quick Reply: LS1 Trike