Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PNP switch signal??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PNP switch signal??

On a 98 LS1 pcm we have the RED connector pin 32. PNP switch signal. the harness was modded before we bought the motor/pcm so we are trying to figure out where everything goes. thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Can you give a litle more information if possible. Are you describing the red 32 pin connector at the pcm? The more you give the more we can help.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Yeah at the pcm red connector pin 32. its a 98 f body pcm. the harness has been moddified and this wire is out of the loom, so im guessing who ever had it before used it for something!!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pnp

According to my info, the red connector pin #32 was an orange/black signal feed from the park-neutral position switch in the console (with A4). It provides a ground signal when in park or neutral...is "open" in any other position.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Oscar Will
According to my info, the red connector pin #32 was an orange/black signal feed from the park-neutral position switch in the console (with A4). It provides a ground signal when in park or neutral...is "open" in any other position.
So im guessing i wont need it if im running a th350. or does it serve another perpose. if so do i ground it? thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

So does that mean its the feed for the neutral safety switch?

If it really is the park / neutral switch, you'd probably want it with the TH350 too (At least, I'd want it.)

I don't know for certain, but I expect it is there to keep you from trying to start the car in gear, which might do bad things to the starter. Might also do bad things to the tranny, since you wouldn't have full hydraulic pressure and all kinds of interesting things might happen.

'Dreamin'
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the original programming allowed the PCM to anticipate gear engagement which would give a little "idle" adjust just as the trans loaded the engine. It probably was intended to prevent an idle surge or possible stall. I am using it on my car and it seems to work well.

Quick Reply: PNP switch signal??