Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical connectors and reverse backup light

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical connectors and reverse backup light

Hi, I am swapping an LS1 into my FC RX-7. I want to keep the the stock harness electrical connectors if possible. There are three major weather-pack connectors that I have identified, does anyone know where I can purchase the car/body harness side of these connectors online? Waytekwire does not sell them. I have attached an image of the connectors i am talking about. Also.. where is the connector on the harness for the reverse backup light switch?
Attached Thumbnails electrical connectors and reverse backup light-connectors.jpg  
Old 06-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

To use those connectors, you will need to get the entire underhood harness from either a Camaro or Trans Am of the year car the engine is from which will have the two underhood fuseboxes, the front headlight/turnsignal harness and fans as well which goes to the bulkhead connector into the car. This is what I did with my LT1 swap and pulled out what wires I didn't need. I used it to power the coil, injectors, fans, A/C, and cruise control, the rest I pulled out. You may try Tennessee Auto (on of the sponsors) I know that Scott has a few underhood harnesses available.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

I suppose I will just be replacing the connectors with something readily available if thats the case. However, I still do not know where the reverse backup switch exits the harness. Can anyone clarify that?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't help ya on the backup switch, but I'd bet that John at Speartech can get you those connectors that you're looking for for a good price. www.speartech.com

You know you need the C220/C230 dash connectors too, correct? They are two small white/blue plugs that aren't weatherproofed on the harness.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Teching In

On the white 220 plug, there are 2 wires. They apparently come out of the
T56 plug. One is brn. and one is lt. grn.
They connect to your rx7 harness. Don't know where to tho.
Jack
Old 06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

The 220/230 connectors are also the ones that will have your oil pressure, temp, tach, VSS, backuplight as well.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

I got my weatherpack inline harness connectors by going to www.acdelco.com and using the parts catalog there to find the Delco part number for the connectors. There are images for the connectors to help with this. Then you can email that part number to P&G chevy (www.partszoneonline) and they will send you the connector.

Quick Reply: electrical connectors and reverse backup light