Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilwood MC adapted to T-56 OE s/s line

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilwood MC adapted to T-56 OE s/s line

I have something I really need some advice on. I am swapping a 2002 LS-1 into an FC RX-7. I have a Wilwood master cylinder with a female AN type fitting on it. Where can I get an adapter that will adapt from the AN fitting to the OE clutch line (the line that normally connects with a drift pin to the trans-am/camaro master cylinder). I purchased a Mcleoud adapter thinking it was what I needed, but it was for the earlier type of T-56's with no hydraulic throw-out bearing. One side of it is AN and one side is identical to the fitting on the OE line. I have attached an image of the model I created of the fitting to show what i mean.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Wilwood MC adapted to T-56 OE s/s line-mastercylinderfit.jpg  
Old 06-11-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 908 Posts

You have to either mod your stock line, or take it to a local hydraulic hose shop and have them do it. Basically you need to cut off the stock end that would normally go into the stock MC and have it replaced with am AN fitting that will mate to the Wilwood MC. You will also need to have them make a small extension hose, since the stock F-body line is not long enough to reach the Wilwood MC. The extension needs to be about 8-10 inches long. So the extension will mate with the Wilwood MC, then you will use a steel AN union fitting to mate the modified F-body line to extension.

Thats how mine is done. There may be other solutions.

Andrew
Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Default It exists

I bought one to hook up to my Wilwood master cylinders. Problem is I can't remember where I bought it. (Street & Performance?)The manufacturer has the sole (according to them) to license to make them from GM.
Locks right to the slave and has a 7/16 inverted flare fitting on the other side.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redmist
I bought one to hook up to my Wilwood master cylinders. Problem is I can't remember where I bought it. (Street & Performance?)The manufacturer has the sole (according to them) to license to make them from GM.
Locks right to the slave and has a 7/16 inverted flare fitting on the other side.

Awesome, any way that you can find out what vendor it is? That would be really helpful since I do not know exactly what to search for on Google.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you SURE its female AN fittings?

100% of every willwood product ive seen, MC, prop valves, ect... all have flare fittings or pipe thread... im not questioning your judgement, its just that i haven't seen one like that, and if i were you, id want to be sure about what fitting they are before i get a hose made..
Old 06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MrDude_1

100% of every willwood product ive seen, MC, prop valves, ect... all have flare fittings or pipe thread... im not questioning your judgement, its just that i haven't seen one like that, and if i were you, id want to be sure about what fitting they are before i get a hose made..
Nope, I'm not sure. It is just what I was told by the seller of the kit. I would definately double check it before I actually had a fitting put onto the hose. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and I will take a closer look at it today. I want to know who sells the prefabricated line though, that would be a lot easier.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDude_1

It probably came with an NPT to AN adapter fitting.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Wilwood MC adapted to T-56 OE s/s line