Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB Coolant line to an LT-1 radiator

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB Coolant line to an LT-1 radiator

I am using an LT-1 corvette radiator to cool my LS1, but there is no provision for hooking up my throttle body coolant line. Where can I hook up the line for proper coolant flow through the system? Should it be connected on the driver side of the radiator (in the pipe from the water pump through the power steering cooler) or the passenger side (side with water neck)? Could I just run it into the lines I am using for my heater core (the two outlets on the water pump housing)?

~Bob
Attached Thumbnails TB Coolant line to an LT-1 radiator-pict0577.jpg  
Old 06-14-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default This question has been asked...

over & over again, but, it seems that the "best" or "ideal" connection seems to be at the highest point in the radiator/cooling system. This is what I have gathered from most other posts. If there is no provision/connection, you must invent one. Reason being, the highest point in the system is where the air in the overall cooling system, naturally rises to...both statically & while in use. Hope this helps. Gar
Old 06-14-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Over on the JTR website there is a LS1 datsun conversion page. A little ways down they have a Tee for this purpose. 1 5/16 X 5/16 Tee. Here's a link.
https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/Datsun-Z-LS1-V8_Order.html
Old 06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DaleMX
Over on the JTR website there is a LS1 datsun conversion page. A little ways down they have a Tee for this purpose. 1 5/16 X 5/16 Tee. Here's a link.
https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/Datsun-Z-LS1-V8_Order.html
I see.. I think my solution is going to involve running some aluminum piping in place of the power steering cooler. I'm just going to tap and thread in a barbed nipple fitting and attach the line to that.

Thanks for the help,
Bob

Quick Reply: TB Coolant line to an LT-1 radiator