Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

57 Belair w/w 98 LS1/4L60E heater routing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 57 Belair w/w 98 LS1/4L60E heater routing

O.K. Guys, from a previous thread, the cam sensor is immediately next to the factory oil pressure switch. The knock sensors are tied together to a connector that is clipped to vaccum booster. Thanks for the help there. My question now is running the heater hoses to the Vintage Air under dash unit there is a electric heater control valve. The '98 LS1 has a 5/8 & 3/4 heater outlets immediately behind the thermostat. The Hot Rod Air under dash unit has 5/8 heater hose bibs coming through the firewall. No problem theres a GM factory hose that has 3/4 swedged out to 5/8 hose. But which of the two engine heater hose outlets is feed & which is return. Now I understand that in the real world what does it really matter.... but what if you're running the original heater core ("57), & you've got lots of pressure you'd , want to stop flow before it gets to the core. Therefore which is send & which is return; 5/8 or 3/4. Inquireing minds ..... Thanks Mac
Old 07-02-2005, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wink On all 346 cubic inch LS1's...

coming off the water pump...I believe the 5/8" line is the supply(to the heater-core) & the 3/4" is the return. Somebody back me up on this. Gar

Quick Reply: 57 Belair w/w 98 LS1/4L60E heater routing