Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Simple LS1 Questions??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some Simple LS1 Questions??

Getting near the end and trying to tie up some lose ends so when the harness gets here I'll be ready to go. My questions are:

1. The line on the evap system right beside the fuel rail, where or what does it hook up too? I have evap lines on the fuel tank so do I need the one up front? If so can I use standard fuel line or is it pressurized?

2. Is the fuel return line from the corvette filter under the same pressure as the rest of the system or will standard fuel line work?

Well cant think of what else I had to ask but sorry about all the questions. You guys know how it is to be near the end and want everything to hurry but be right. Thanks in advance for the help guys.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when i did mine, i converted my cars fuel system to a non-computer controled charcol canister style setup, then ditched the evap line completely.... deleted it in HPtuners, and called it good...

the return line pressure changes with engine load and pump size... ive never measured it.. i would NOT use standard fuel line with it... at the very least, run fuel injection rated line.. if you want to measure it, the highest pressure it'll ever see is engine off, pump on...
Old 07-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

What exactly does the evap line off the engine do? Can I just run it to the fuel tank evap line?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Junkie

well, on a stock 4thgen, the gas tank has a pressure sensor.

gas vapors sometimes build up pressure in the tank, and must be vented... however, they're considered pollution, and cant be dumped into the atmosphere like older cars did...(remember how old cars get that gas smell on hot days? thats why) well when the computer decides the pressure is high enough, that solenoid opens, and the gas vapors are vented into the intake.

older cars used to use a charcoal canister... the charcoal filter would let air (and pressure) move back and forth, but it would trap the fuel particles, where they could collect, condense and hopefully move back to the tank.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

I was born in the wrong year!! I am only 20 I wish I did know about the old muscle, but I'm working on my own little bit of muscle. I looks like the evap is coming off and the computer evap is going to be deleted. Thanks for the help MrDude.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mr Dude hope this isnt off topic, if so can you PM me with a reply.

My 77 model car I am running the original canister pollution gear, eg. canister box near tank, runs a canister line all the way to the front where there is a charcoal canister.
This line from charcoal canister to engine normally goes to the carby somewhere, but with my LS1 I was planning on plumbing it to the EVAP Purge solenoid.

Does this purge solenoid open when vapour pressure builds up for it to work my way or
do I need a sensor in the fuel tank?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GTS346
Does this purge solenoid open when vapour pressure builds up for it to work my way or
do I need a sensor in the fuel tank?
im not entirely sure.
i know the stock setup has that sensor on the tank... ODB-II basicly demands it.... but i dont know if it'll work with the code for that sensor disabled....

thats something that more research has to be done to.....

Quick Reply: Some Simple LS1 Questions??