Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vats bypass module 2002 LS-1 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vats bypass module 2002 LS-1 trans am

Hi I have an LS1 from a 2002 Trans Am. It is all properly wired up and ready to run. However, the vats bypass module I am using is for an LT-1 and I don't think it is sending the proper signal. I read on the forum that the 2002 PCM does not use a pulsed signal for vats disable like previous years, it is a more sophisticated serial signal. So i suppose it is useless to take out my oscilloscope and check the frequency. Is there a bypass box I can get? I am NOT planning on re-flashing my PCM anytime soon, I just need to get the engine running, I don't even have an OBD-II connector on my harness right now. I am looking for alternate solutions to re-flashing.

Thanks,

~Bob
Old 07-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

See this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/346380-99-trans-am-ls1-wiring-problems.html
Old 07-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, but I don't think that is very helpful to me. I already have a VATS bypass module installed and properly wired up to the PCM. It outputs a pulse train, but I have not checked the frequency yet. The documentation claims that it should work on the 2002 PCM as well as on LT1 PCM's, but I've read posts here that say otherwise.

I wanted to know if the 2002 Trans Am PCM's really need a serial two way communication signal rather than a pulsed signal. If 2002 PCM VATS can be disabled with a pulse signal, what frequency do I need? I know where the signal is fed to and how to wire it up. I just need to know the method that the 2002 PCM is using.

~Bob
Old 07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Does the serial issue only apply to trucks and corvettes??? If so, what frequency do I need to send this PCM?

~Bob

Quick Reply: vats bypass module 2002 LS-1 trans am