Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-body headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-body headers

Just bought an LS1/t56 set up. I am looking around for a set of headers. I just got off the phone with S&P and they want $520. I am looking for something cheaper! I don't mind paying for stuff but dang thats alot. Any help would be great! Andy
Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have heard that the hooker super comps for the f-body is very close to fitting with a/c. i am looking for the same info - a definate what fits or not.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

note to everyone,these headers dont fit,"hooker super comps,from f body".i just bought some and now i just payed 29.00 dollars to have them sent back!!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Hi Justin: What engine mounts are you using I think the guy that was using them used John B's motor mounts and he had to hammer them a little to fit. If the header tubes are hitting the the upper control arms or control arm bolts you could get the adjustable tubular contol arms from ATS sponsor on this board or other Suppliers. These control arms don't use shims you shorten or lenghten the rods to adjust the alignment. They are suppose to give you more header clearence. If you don't want to buy the control arms try getting some used Mac headers they are suppose to fit but you might also have to modify them. Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I used Patriot Clipsters for a BBC and changed the flanges. One tube on each side is in the correct location but you have to re-work the other three.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

i actually built my own mounts,only because this is an ex-real street factory suspenion car,and had mounts welded to the frame,and i like to fabricate stuff.the headers hit the lower a-arm mounts, bad.wich could be from my motor being back as far as possible.i may buil my own or go with a set of mid lengths from street and performance,thanx for the info though.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you would need to use John B mounts to guarantee these headers will fit. They are still not a perfect fit but will work. At least you will have a set of ceramic LT’s the S&P headers are shortys… The hooker headers are still around $500 for ceramic probably cheaper for a steel set…

Pictures in link below.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/565327-6-0-g-body.html

Quick Reply: G-body headers