Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-10 LS1 Swap PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking S-10 LS1 Swap PICS

Well as the title has stated just got all my pics of my swap up and looking for feedback, comments, hate it, like it.......

I am a newbie to the site and have asked a few questions and just want to let everyone know about what I am doing and how its coming.

So this is how its going so far......
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ls1s10/
Old 07-16-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks awesome!!
Old 07-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good so far man. Was that a TA motor with converted accessories. The alt. and bracket look new. Did you have to notch the frame for the AC Compressor? I'm working on the same project right now only with a ZR2. I'll have my motor mounted by tomorrow night if all goes well tomorrow. What kind of headers did you use? Did you modify your oil pan or what? What are you doing about the harness? Thanks and good luck.

Chris
Old 07-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wilds
Looks good so far man. Was that a TA motor with converted accessories. The alt. and bracket look new. Did you have to notch the frame for the AC Compressor? I'm working on the same project right now only with a ZR2. I'll have my motor mounted by tomorrow night if all goes well tomorrow. What kind of headers did you use? Did you modify your oil pan or what? What are you doing about the harness? Thanks and good luck.

Chris
Thanks guys for the props!!

Chris the motor is out of a 2000 camaro and the power steering, and alternator come from a C5 Corvette set-up and are new from advance auto parts (work there part time and get a discount). The bracket and other stuff for it came drom gmpartsdirect.com. As far as A/C I am taking it out and may replace it in the future, but me being only 20 comfront isnt what I want its power. But if or when I do it Ill mount it high on the paasenger side so the frame wont have to be notched.

The headers are from sanderson and ordered them from jtr conversions. The only thing I dont like about them is they are only 1.5". The oil pan is from a 5.3 motor and no mods where done to the oil pan itself. The frame on the other hand has a 2" by 10" chunk taken out then boxed back in for support.

The harness was sent to John Speartech to be reworked. Only heard good things about his work, so lookin forward to it. I have been following your progress Chris and posted a couple times on your thread. Your project looks like it comming along great, still wondering about those LS1perfomace.com headers, so keep me posted on those, was lookin at buyin some.

Thanks Frazier

Last edited by sslowered; 07-17-2005 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your in good hands with john. He did a 4L80e wire conversion harness for me and instructions and parts worked perfectly. You got a cool project car or should I say truck.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:39 AM
12 Second Club

Wow, man that looks kick ***! I had an S-10 with the 4.3/5-speed with a few mods done to it, and it was fun to play with. I can't begin to imagine the fun you'll have with an LS1 bolted in there. Nice work.

-Jason
Old 07-17-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks great!You guys are doing a good job on getting me motivated to get going on my 97 .I'm waiting on wilds review of the ls1performanceparts headers I just cant bring myself to buy those sandersons although it looks like they fit good.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the response. I'm getting ready to get started on getting the motor out and hopefully the new one mounted up today. I'll get pics. up tonight when I'm done. Thanks

Chris

Quick Reply: S-10 LS1 Swap PICS