Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 V8 Miata versus Ford 5.0 V8 Miata

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've riddden in a LS1 swap RX7 and its insane, I can't believe what a light *** Miata will be like.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Well, I will let you know how it is when I get there. I have no real idea, what I am in for!!! I can only guess. I have never rid'n in V8 Rx7 or a V8 miata, not even a cobre replica. I can only quess what I am in for...... !!!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

Default Making it handle

I've been in some wild cars on roadracing courses and some that were so fast it's unbelievable, but what's most remarkable is the real difference between 1. white-knukcle riding in a lightning fast machine with an semi-accomplished driver and 2.riding in a blindingly fast racecar with a seasoned professional at the wheel. One experience makes you want to puke and get out of the car now, and the other makes you want to never stop!

Bottom line is, that you find alot of the legends of bench racing are vaporized by reality and that your car can be made to handle, for you in a unique manner, good or bad.

You can learn to drive anything, but that doesn't make it a good car. You'll just have to wait and see, test and tune.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS V8s in Miatas
You can learn to drive anything, but that doesn't make it a good car.
very well put.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

the ironey in all of this mazda is owned by ford so you should get a banner saying" built ford tough with chevy parts"
Old 08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Default I will if you will

I'll banner that, if you'd banner your Camaro, "Heartbeat of America, Made in Canada" Eh?

GREAT WHITE NORTH, Eh?

We're definately in the era of the "World Car"" there's no such thing as a pure auto manufactured with parts from any single place or country anymore!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

love reading about the miata swaps... best of luck to ya, I hope you can finish it soon!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Yes, I am working on the wiring at the moment for the body. I got the interior in, heater core, A/c, box, fan, t/s, highbeams, Fuel sending unit...and gauge done, repaired a leaking fuel line, in the process of fixing the parking lamp circuit, runnning the wires for the Check engine lamp to the ecm and harness. I still need to install the engine/trans. into the car and finish the engine wiring....adding a few wires and shorting the harness to make a clean install. Then I will be focusing on making the headers....YEA!!!! What fun, I have the idea for the construction and it will look odd. But it will be better then stock manifolds!!!! Go to www.ls1miata.net/gallery Page 10 cand 11 are the most current photos!!

Can not wait!!! But slowly moving on!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 188 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I agree with the statement that fast cars being driven by scary drivers as being unnerving... and being in a relatively fast car driven to the limit well by a great driver as being in another world and learning what to do the correct way.

Taking people out on the track in a fast car for their first time can be quite an experience for them. I had passengers for every session at my last outing at Infineon (Sears Point) Raceway. The ones that had never been out before didn't say much until after the session . They said there were in awe the car could hug the corners and brake like it did. In the last session I finally got some traffic free laps. Some people have bigger kahones than others I guess.... I was 3rd in TTA. Happy.... but want to run some 1:50's by next year. I was on Mich Pilot Sport Cups. Waiting for these to wear out before the Hoosiers go on.

http://norcal.nasa-tt.com/Results%200805%20Infineon.htm

Last edited by gnx7; 08-16-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS V8s in Miatas
I'll banner that, if you'd banner your Camaro, "Heartbeat of America, Made in Canada" Eh?

GREAT WHITE NORTH, Eh?

We're definately in the era of the "World Car"" there's no such thing as a pure auto manufactured with parts from any single place or country anymore!
ya u have a valid point i have an import then

Quick Reply: LS1 V8 Miata versus Ford 5.0 V8 Miata