Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSx into a Conquest/Starion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LSx into a Conquest/Starion?

I did a search and came up with one old thread from '03, didn't really have any info in it. So does anyone have any info on this swap? I feel certain it can be done. The deal is I have a good friend, who happens to be a mechanic, who is in the process of collecting all the stuff necessary for the swap. He has the car ('87 Starion is mint condition, very nice donor car), the motor, T-56 and a harness. He's getting ahold of a crossmember adn likely will begine fabrication shortly. He's done the exact same swap with the a SBC motor a few years back. Oil pan and oiling issues kept that one from being a viable entity (read: lots of wasted bearings) I was just trying to find any info on the details of the swap that might help him out. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always loved that body style, poor man's 944. I would imaging it would be pretty tight but if your friend got a SBC in there the LS1 would probably fit as well.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, definitely a nice platform, I'm sure it can fit, the 4g63 cousins that were in them are larger then their displacement would lead you to believe.

What kind of suspension is under those chassis anyway? Definitely one of the nicer looking 80's cars. That, the 944, 928 and RX7 were some of my favorites 80's imports.

Quick Reply: LSx into a Conquest/Starion?