Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ht4100 to ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb ht4100 to ls1?

No one I know of has done this, but I would love to try. I have a 1985 Cadillac Seville, which has the anemic, unreliable, and buggy ht4100 v8. Anyways, I would love to take that thing out, and replace it with a 6.0l truck engine. As far as tranny, it is a th325 which is a th350 with a shorter (tailshaft?) that feeds into a transfer case which than connects to the front differential (final drive). So, if I could get the ls1 connected to the tranny, what issues would I face? The car is factory fuel injected, so I don't think tank pump would be an issue. How would it compare in size with the ht? Also, what situation would be looking at for motor mounts? That might make things a little perilous, but I don't know. And yes, to head off any suggestions, I do want to keep the FWD. Matter of preference. Im still in the postulating stages of this, but in theory, I would someday get the engine with some exhaust mods, cam, ls6 intake and a centrifugal blower. Please, let me know of anything that I need to know.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 08-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI: If the motor is mounted north/south like a rear wheel drive car and not transverse mounted like a newer car it might not be that difficult to get the engine in. You would need the Buick Pontiac olds adapter plate that is the same as the 350 and the proper flywheel and spacer that way you could take the old engine out and drop the new one in and bolt it up. Do a search on ebay for Ls1 motor mounts Horton street rods has some universal mounts that might work. Bolt the mounts to the engine and lower it down to the right height and see if you could drill holes to mount the frame brackets. I have no Idea what oil pan to use Holden front sump, Fbody or CTS you would have to check pictures of it. The radiator, wiring fuel and exhaust would be similar to all other swaps. I don't know if the transaxle gears would hold up might have to beef them up. Torque steer is allways a problem with front wheel drive cars but if the engine is North/South like the Old Eldorados and Riviera's it is really not that bad like the transverse mounted engines. I say it is do able.

Quick Reply: ht4100 to ls1?