Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0L questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0L questions

I finally bought a 6.0L longblock, Now my goals are to build a stroker motor to run in a forced induction application. My question is where can I go to get these parts to build this motor. I mean can I use a LS1 stroker kit or what. I mean I have no idea what to compare it to or where to go. any help would be awesome

thanks
Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Many of the sponsers to the right sell stroker kits. Pretty much everything would be the same as an LS1 except pistons and rings.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know a couple vendors on eBay have some great deals... some look too good to be true. I am going to check there first, and then see if any of the sponsors will price match, or at least come close.

Originally Posted by super nova
I finally bought a 6.0L longblock, Now my goals are to build a stroker motor to run in a forced induction application. My question is where can I go to get these parts to build this motor. I mean can I use a LS1 stroker kit or what. I mean I have no idea what to compare it to or where to go. any help would be awesome

thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Well i'm curious to find out how far the 6.0L can be bored out. Also could I buy a stroker kit for and LS1 and use it in my 6.0L motor or are the rods and crank different
Old 08-22-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i'm curious to find out how far the 6.0L can be bored out. Also could I buy a stroker kit for and LS1 and use it in my 6.0L motor or are the rods and crank different

Piston size is different like mentioned above. I believe 408 is the largest you can go safely running forced induction. Though I could be wrong.

-Matt
Old 08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Teching In

I scrolled through all the side bars wit hno luck on stroker kits for the 6.0L, but I found an artical at Http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...slp/index.html

Which shows a kit that SLP came out with, that retains the stock 4.000 bore but they changed the rod length to 6.125 I-beam rod instead of 6.00. They also used a shorter ross and manely piston and a 4.000 stroke crank any that creats a 402 stroker. Now my question is where can I get these componets, besides SLP, because there rotating assembly kit is Close to $2500 and I'm in college and I dont have these kind of funds right now, but I would like a similar setup to run in my nova with forced induction, so anybody can help it would be great.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

um, your not gonna get much cheaper then ~2500 bucks for a 402/408 rotating assembly. and thats using off the shelf eagle, diamond or mahle, federal mogul or clevite parts.

you didnt look hard enough if you couldnt find any other rotating assembly other then slp. lunati and eagle both make them, or you can piece your own together. you'll need a 4" crank, rods (6.125 is the most common) pistons (depends on bore size; 4.00 is for a 402, and 4.030 is for a 408. and those are the most common) also pick the correct piston for the rod you chose (pin size, CH, ect). and choose the dish in conjunction with your CR goals. pick the appropriate wrings and bearings and your good.

honestly IMO your best bet is to use what you bought as a core and purchase a forged 402/408 from one of the sponsors. SDPC sells there alluminum 402's for~3900 and that includes the new ls2 covers, ect. or get the iron 402 for ~3500.

by the time you purchase the rotating assembly,have it balaced and the block machined you'll find the price differences minimal.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a cheaper alternative, I would just keep the stock crank and go with forged rods and pistons. You'll save an easy $1,000 which is great if you're on a budget. Those stock cranks are tough.

I scrolled through all the side bars wit hno luck on stroker kits for the 6.0L, but I found an artical at Http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...slp/index.html

Which shows a kit that SLP came out with, that retains the stock 4.000 bore but they changed the rod length to 6.125 I-beam rod instead of 6.00. They also used a shorter ross and manely piston and a 4.000 stroke crank any that creats a 402 stroker. Now my question is where can I get these componets, besides SLP, because there rotating assembly kit is Close to $2500 and I'm in college and I dont have these kind of funds right now, but I would like a similar setup to run in my nova with forced induction, so anybody can help it would be great.

Quick Reply: 6.0L questions