Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding my swapped RX7 over the winter- (big pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005 | 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Rebuilding my swapped RX7 over the winter- (big pics)

Well, as I've got the chassis stripped for paint, I pulled the engine/tranny for some further clean up and adjustments, as well as to repair the rear main oil leak.

I made the little bracket and was pretty proud of it. Those 'noids aren't going ANYWHERE. :yeah:

-AN fitting for the fuel line. I'm going to be using a Mallory FPR with braided hosing and an earl's filter for my new fuel setup. I was never pleased with the old setup. We'll see how this one does. (I'm still using the stock hard lines for the moment). The fitting is a Russell part, from Summit.

FPR (the gauges is upside down on purpose. Easier to read while adjusting. Learned that from a T/F car team.. hehe)

AN fittings on the tranny for the braided lines to the tranny cooler.

Smoothed and painted LS1 intake.

Paint stripped... what a chore-

All in all the engine/tranny are coming well. I have the paint for the chassis now as well. I'm going through and cleaning a few more things, moved the PCM into the interior, and a few other details. Hopefully this will be a pretty sterile swap when all said and done. We shall see.
Old 08-28-2005 | 02:05 PM
On The Tree

you wouldnt happen to remember that part number for that earl fitting on your fuel rail. i have the same rail and have been trying to decide if i could use it. any help would be great.
Old 08-28-2005 | 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by yodawagon
you wouldnt happen to remember that part number for that earl fitting on your fuel rail. i have the same rail and have been trying to decide if i could use it. any help would be great.
RUS-640850 EFI TO 6 AN FITTING
Old 08-29-2005 | 01:27 AM
On The Tree

this might be a dumb question, but is that a regulator on those rails? would i still need an auxilary regulator? all this fuel injection stuff is new to me. do you have a return line?
Old 08-29-2005 | 01:28 AM
On The Tree

by the way, thanks for the part number!
Old 08-29-2005 | 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is a pulsation damper on the lines not a regulator. There is a return line, its just before the fuel lines on the engine. You'll need a regulator with a return line before the fuel rail. I use a mallory unit with braided lines, as seen in the above pictures. It's about 90 bucks for the unit. You'll need a high pressure capable filter before the regulator on the feed line as well.
Old 08-29-2005 | 03:02 AM
On The Tree

wow, that engine is a thing of beauty! after looking at it so much im toying with the idea of nitrous. is that a wet system?
Old 08-29-2005 | 03:04 AM
On The Tree

could i bother you for that regulator number? thanks for all the help!
Old 08-29-2005 | 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Regulator is a Mallory 4305M I believe. That is a coldfusion based wet system. I've tweaked it with parts from several manufacturers to get it the way it is now, along with a custom nitrous ring (TNT style) and custom brackets.
Old 08-29-2005 | 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

looking good... like the painted intake manifold, powdercoated valvecovers, and polished TB. Should be a beast.

Put some JTR headers on it as well if you can spring for the $$$.
Old 08-29-2005 | 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

looking good... like the painted intake manifold, powdercoated valvecovers, and polished TB. Should be a beast.

Put some JTR headers on it as well if you can spring for the $$$. 20-30rwhp. Underdrive pulley while it is on the stand is a good idea. They are a PITA to get the harmonic balancer bolt torque'd when in the car if you plan to do it later.
Old 08-29-2005 | 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gnx7

Put some JTR headers on it as well if you can spring for the $$$. 20-30rwhp. Underdrive pulley while it is on the stand is a good idea. They are a PITA to get the harmonic balancer bolt torque'd when in the car if you plan to do it later.
What will the underdrive get me really? I already underdrove the alternator, which is really the only load, other then water pump. Is it that much power to underdrive just the water pump?

I can't use the JTRs, 4L60e on mine. Too much money just to hack them up to try and fit.

We'll see how I feel, I might try the BBK Ford 5.0 headers and swap the LS1 flanges on. Mayyyyybe.
Old 08-30-2005 | 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

what? its not winter YET!?!??!?!

looking good man, cant wait to see it all painted and purdy.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding my swapped RX7 over the winter- (big pics)