Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Four-seat Corvette = RX-V8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgonzales
Hate to sound negative, but I'm guessing the kit will be VERY expensive at its initial release. The S14 kit is still fairly expensive, whereas the FC is pocket change. I realize the R&D is expensive, but I'll be waiting til it's cheaper myself.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

hell I would do the swap if I could find a salvage titled RX8 for cheap that was still in great shape so it was dirt cheap to start with... because I dont think for $15k that the RX8 is a good candidate for a swap... unless you completely love the RX8 exterior, which I do not, it hasnt grown on me yet and I bet theyre almost ready to be remodeled since theyre been out for years now.

it would be awesome, and have 4 seats and nimbleness, but man, I think it would be a lot of work and I dont want to be a pioneer on that chassis, there isnt any real demand for that swap, probably why Hinson hasnt even bothered. I guess an LS1/2 would be the best $4000 you could spend on an RX8 in upgrades
Old 07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

The reason I let it go was because of the lack of power and the frequent engine flooding problems.
re: flooding - wow, my 1988 RX-7 TII had these issues which were 'fixed' with a fuel pump kill switch. I am wondering if the same can be done to a rx-8 model. Lack of torque was partially another reason I sold mine.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Teching In

awesome, will definately keep my eye on this

Quick Reply: Four-seat Corvette = RX-V8?