Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a blown 6.0 LQ9 engine sitting here.. What parts are salvagable??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question I have a blown 6.0 LQ9 engine sitting here.. What parts are salvagable??

This is an LQ9 Engine out of a 2500 truck that was blown up. I dont know the extent of the damage as of now, but I know I can have anything off the engine except the throttle body(re-used) FREE. From just looking at it with minimal parts taken off, the pistons are in a bunch of pieces. Probably over heated, or oil issues. Anyway.. I am looking to keep the heads, and selling the intake. What else is of value here? I suppose it would depend on the damage, in that case, what is important to look for/ what should i do with this engine? I think i am gonna have to rip it apart and check myself. I would be up for selling/ giving some parts away for help. Thanks guys.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is there coils packs on it? and plug wires? and a belt tensioner pulley in goodshape? If so I call dibs on 2 coil packs, 2 plugwires and the tensioner pulley!

-Matt
Old 09-05-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

crank may be ok and any sensors oil pan is worth keeping see how bad the cylenders are may be worth a re-bore if it is the cast iron block. front and rear covers maby the harmoninc balancer. Intake is not worth much. might as well take it apart and see. good luck!
Old 09-05-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
Is there coils packs on it? and plug wires? and a belt tensioner pulley in goodshape? If so I call dibs on 2 coil packs, 2 plugwires and the tensioner pulley!

-Matt
ive got a set of ls1 spark plug wires ill selll for $10 if your interested
Old 09-05-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the info. I will have to see whats all gonna be needed for the replacement engine.. I'd rather keep all parts together, not giving out just 4 coils. I will see what i can get. I guess i dont really know what i have till its apart. More info would be nice.

The 6.0 Heads work on our LS1's real nice for forced induction i hear?? What other parts would work on the LS1s?

Quick Reply: I have a blown 6.0 LQ9 engine sitting here.. What parts are salvagable??