Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a mess

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy What a mess

Well, I'm about at a whits end with my little S10 project. I've been waiting on the headers since about last January. The guy that did my headers was doing it on the side. It took him from the middle of January till about the end of July to get the headers completely mocked up and ready to have coated. I was totally cool about that because I'm military and I've been TDY alot so it wasn't a huge deal. I told him I would like to get them coated by Jet Hot because of the lifetime warranty and such. Well, Jet Hot told him it would take 6-8 weeks to get the headers done because of how bad they are backed up. Well, I said go for it I've waited this long might as well just do it the way I want it done. Two weeks ago Jet Hot called the guy that did my headers and wanted his credit card info to have the headers shipped back. Still haven't seen the headers, asked the guy to call Jet Hot and see what the deal was. Apparently the guy that did my headers shipped them to the Jet Hot place in California, which turned around and shipped them to some vender in Lousiana to do the coating for Jet Hot Well, to add to the story the natural disaster down there damaged the building and supposedly my headers now got sent to Arizona to be coated, but this couldn't be confirmed as of this afternoon. Does this sound like the way that Jet Hot does business??? I don't have a problem with Jet Hot using an outside vender as long as it is backed by their warranty and such, but what is this about accountability here??? I mean I've been looking for these headers for awhile now so I can get my truck running. Like I said things happen that are beyond your control. But you aren't certain of where a customer's product is? There is alot of time and money wrapped up in just getting those headers to the point where they were, and you as a business person is obligated not only by morals but by law to let your customers know if there is a snag. Most people are understanding, as long as you come to them before they come looking for you. If the headers got destroyed in the hurricane, that's ok I'll live because that's life, but you have to let your customers know what is going on. I really found it odd that they asked for his credit card info but didn't know where the headers where even. He is gonna call me tomorrow to see if they charged him for the headers. How many of you guys have had similar experiences or any experiences with Jet Hot?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mate join the queue, I had to wait 11 weeks for my MW axles as the 1st time the shop ordered the wrong length.

So many little stuff ups and set backs but what can we do, thank goodness where able to work on our cars, some arent as priveledged so try appreciate it, I know how frustrating it can get, but always see yourself as being in a better position then most others out there, keeps you from punching brickwalls.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its happened to everyone. The world just isnt as honest as you and me. I sent my harness to a company in Cali to get reworked and the ECM programmed and they went bankrupt. I lost $600, a wiring harness and ECM. I finally finised my car 2 months ago and driving it for the first time made it all worth it. Hang in there.

Quick Reply: What a mess