Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else addicted to conversions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Anyone else addicted to conversions?

Being involved in the conversion of two cars just leads me to want more. The first conversion led me to build the second one better & with far more power. Now that those cars are in their (am always playing around with something stage), I want another one with even more power.

It starts with, "the next time I'll.................", & then the insanity begins. Already have plans on what is needed for the third, but.......?
Have assumed that this is normal behavior for car guys. Although can be interpreted as insanity to those less affluent in this lifestyle. Please tell me that there are millions of others. Maybe this is what is meant by "Car Crazy"?
Old 10-16-2005, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, you're definitly nuts, but it's okay, there are lots more like you. I'm definitely one of them. I've done a Celica 2.2L into a 88 Corolla, a 3.0L V6 from an Avalon into my friend's '90 Celica, and now I'm working on a '01 LS1 into my '85 Celica. I'm not even halfway done with this conversion and I'm already thinking about a LS1 into a Fiero, or maybe a V6 into my MR2. I'm definitely car crazy along with you and I'm sure there are lots more out there.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, Im definetely in there with you. I'm working to use twin gt42/74 turbos on a stock bore LS1 into an FD rx7. There have been some fitment issues, if it doesnt work out i'll downgrade to twin 35s or single 47/88
Old 10-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't really afford another conversion, plus having 2 F-bodies is enough for me at this point. I will keep refining the Camaro forever.