Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted:So Cal Shop's That do LS1 Installs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Wanted:So Cal Shop's That do LS1 Installs?

I also posted in the regional section but thought this may be a good area as well,we are looking for some reputable shops in the So Cal (Orange County or ?)area that do LS1 installs,mines ready Now motor/trans is already out.

Cars that are needing motors are 68-72 Nova/Camaro if anyone knows of good and reputable shops either pm me or post them.

I have spoke with a couple shops,one looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language,the other started talking huge,huge $$$$ for labor only,I know theres much more to it than a basic small block install but this quote was down right silly for labor only.

Thank You ...... NOVA
Old 09-11-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ship everything to me and i bet i could do it for less then what a shop quotes + shipping.

you are crazy to want to pay a shop to do a ls1 swap. do it your self and learn somthing or you can pay me to do it.

i know i'd be much cheaper then a shop's labor rate.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NOVA
I also posted in the regional section but thought this may be a good area as well,we are looking for some reputable shops in the So Cal (Orange County or ?)area that do LS1 installs,mines ready Now motor/trans is already out.

Cars that are needing motors are 68-72 Nova/Camaro if anyone knows of good and reputable shops either pm me or post them.

I have spoke with a couple shops,one looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language,the other started talking huge,huge $$$$ for labor only,I know theres much more to it than a basic small block install but this quote was down right silly for labor only.

Thank You ...... NOVA
Try REB's Performance (Reseda 818-345-7040) talk to Brian tell him Nick sent ya. He's very reasonable. He put my Long block and 700R4 in for $260.00. I did the rest. I have a very low ceiling in my garage. Not sure if the Nova would be as easy as was my '74 Camaro but there's one way to find out.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Try here,

Don Lee auto

Ask for Tim,tell him that the guy that beat him with a turbo'ed green Ford courier sent ya! LOL
Old 10-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Launching!

We can do it up properly. We make parts that are specifically engineered to fit into your car. No hacking up factory parts just to make the conversion 'fit'.
Call us up, or check our website.
Tyler
Old 10-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Check out www.advanceoffroad.com .

They're in Torrance.

He's got a lot of experience building off-road and rally trucks, plus does a lot of work with my LS1 powered Porsche 951 racecar. He's an excellent fabricator(and cage-builder), plus will work with a chassis engineer to help design a high performance independent suspension for you if you have an interest in excellent handling to match the LS1 power.

He's a great guy and excellent to work with.

He's done a number of engine & chassis swaps in old muscle cars.

Say Steve Rea sent you and he'll take good care of you.

Steve

Quick Reply: Wanted:So Cal Shop's That do LS1 Installs?