Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Ls1 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005 | 07:31 PM
Teching In

Default C4 Ls1 Conversion

Hi Guys I Just Joined This Forum And This Is The Best Site For All Things Ls1. I Just Picked Up A 1991 Corvette With No Drivetrain. I Want To Go Ls1 Drivetrain With It. I Have Some Ideas Of What I Want To Install In It And Need All The Assistance And Input I Can Get From You Guys.ultimately, I Want To Go With A 402-409 Iron Block Stroker,cnc Ls1 Heads,and A Procharger D1sc, And 6spd Trans.realisticly, I Will Be Starting With A Wrecked Camaro Just To Get The Car On The Road Again And Do The Mods As My Budget Allows. What Is Entailed In This Swap Where Do I Get Mounts,how Do I Sort Out The Wiring,cooling And Exhaust Systems. All Advice And Input Is Appreciated. Thank You
Old 10-20-2005 | 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would try the C4 section over on corvetteforum.com if you havent alreaady been there. Theres thousands of members over there. I 'm sure some of the ppl over there have mapped this swap out, or at least tried.

Also check out street and performace. They have the engine mount brackets and alot of other stuff like pulley setups and wiring harness'. They are pricey but they are the best.

Last edited by MonteSS; 10-20-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2005 | 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Motor mounts are going to be the same as any other SBC -> LS1 swap. Same for wiring harness, cooling, and exhaust. Look around and read lots on this forum. There are a couple C4 LS1s that have used this forum, so the info is out there.

Quick Reply: C4 Ls1 Conversion