Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankshaft Sensor Learn Procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankshaft Sensor Learn Procedure?

Does anyone with a conversion have trouble with getting the car to perform a CKP system variation learn procedure? My car has been misfiring lately, and had a code for the crank sensor so i replaced it with a new chevy part, but the misfire is still there. I have tried using HP Tuners to perform the learn process for the new sensor, but it does not complete. The factory service manual mentions: if the pcm sees "no change in brake switch input, the learn procedure will not be allowed." Did anyone else need to connect their brake switch to the ecu??? Am i missing something here? The engine and ecu are 98 camaro ls1 parts...

THANKS
Karl
Old 11-03-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default CKP learn procedure?

I had a Suburban the other day that had thrown the CKP/CMP code and had the learn procedure listed in the flow diagnosis procedure. My scan tool had me hold the engine at fuel cutoff speed(5400rpm)until it learned the position. It was a very weird situation that the scan tool said to hold the throttle on the floor and let the motor sit at red line. Come to find out the problem was the timing was off at the distributor. I'm curious as well how this procedure is supposed to work...
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 AM
Staging Lane

Ls1 edit, the dealer, or a transmition shop can perform this procedure. Basicly it tells your pcm where everything is lined up with the crank and cam sensors. I just got the P1336 code after i had my pcm reprgramed.

Quick Reply: Crankshaft Sensor Learn Procedure?