Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWD TT Trans am?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Payne
So you are gonna build an AWD Twin Turbo LS1 car on $9 an hour with NOOOOOO help from your rich daddy?

Bull ****.

Lets assume you pay nothing for food, rent, insurance, clothing, gas, cable, power, or any other things required for life, and you make $8 an hour after taxes.

The assume $20k for all of the parts and free use of tools, shop, etc... and you do EVERYTHING yourself (paint, welding, allignment, etc). BTW, IF you work 12 hours a day and go to school, so when are you gonna have time to build it?

Anyways, at $8 take home into $20k in parts, thats 2500 hours... at 12 hours a day, thats 208 work days.

Just a normal guy my ***...

Bull ****.
Don't forget that at age 9, he and his Uncle restored a "totaled" '88 Bird.......at AGE 9!!!!!!! I am sure he was a big help, getting his Uncle beers and answering the phone when it rang.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Restricted User

My 68 4x4 bird, $100 body (in 1978) sitting on 1960
****** wagon frame ,chevy 350,4 speed, T-18 T case
& dana 44's .

Last edited by 76LS1BIRD; 11-23-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

all i can say is good luck to you. if you do accomplish your goal, good job.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

First of all, can anyone on this forum spell Syclone?

Cyclones were made by Mercury, not GMC

Originally Posted by MattSEG
As for the cyclone/typhoon transfer case. They can't handle over 500hp in a 2600lbs car (According to either steilow or lillard, forgot who, that built the famed quadradeuce).
Second of all, you are VERY VERY VERY wrong on the transfercase information. The Syclone/Typhoon BorgWarner 4472 Transfercase can handle as much power as you can toss at it. There are 4000lb SyTys running mid-9's using the 100% stock transfercase without problems. I would venture to guess the transfercase can easily hold 900 - 1000HP.

Transmissions on the other hand, thats a different story. 700R4/4L60E's have a hard time holding together in a high torque, high horsepower, AWD environment, but there are alternatives.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Well just my $.02 i come from a very affluent area and his story sounds like a lot of my friends, and atleast in their cases the job serves more as discipline than anything financial... i wouldnt for a second doubt a 7 figure bank account in this kids name.

And the 2nd question... for all the trouble to get the car putting out "600hp" to all four wheels no less why not a different car... not saying a wrx or dorky import awder but with how creative you will have to get how much harder would it be to mod the living hell out of say a c5, convert to c4 irs and a transmission with transfer case and since the front and rear bearing packs interchange you could leave the front suspension somewhat alone.....

It would be a royal bitch to do and imho never worth it in a million years aside from being able to say to your buddies "Yea i made it into a awd twin tuirbo" However you would have to have someone else do it... sooo long story short dont bother
Old 11-25-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

This project is so easy its funny. Ok here is what you need to do... Take $7k out of the bank and buy my TT Stealth. Its is all wheels drive and even has all wheel steering. Hell I will even put trans am badges on it for you.

Quick Reply: AWD TT Trans am?